May

Winter came to an end with the last snowfall towards the end of February, and the second half of the Inter-House Quidditch cup season had started. One and a half months had passed in the blink of an eye, between classes, catching up with Regulus, hanging out with the marauders, and practicing Quidditch with the Slytherin team now more than ever.

"You're late, (y/n)!" Lucinda exclaimed as you walked into the changing room. "You're never late."

"Sorry, sorry. It's just that someone forgot to tell me practice was in the training pitch instead of the stadium pitch," you grumbled, glaring at Regulus.

"Oh, I didn't forget," he smirked and shrugged innocently. "I just didn't feel like telling you. It's amusing."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, Black," the captain said, "but we have a match against Hufflepuff soon, so next time you decide to deceive your dear friend, please make sure it doesn't affect our schedule."

"Yes captain," Regulus hummed in a bored tone. 

"Good," Lucinda nodded. "Back to what I was saying. This is the second to last match before the end of the Inter-House cup. Ansel, you'll do the brief."

"Roger," said boy stood up and headed towards the board. "Hufflepuff. Usually nice outside the pitch, not necessarily in it. They have a thing for always playing fair, so don't worry about ruses. What we do need to think about, is how to break their defense."

"Why's that? Are they that good at keeping Quaffles away from their goalposts?" you asked, crossing your arms. 

"They are," Ansel agreed. "Overall, Hufflepuff has average players, but their keeper is a troublesome one. Hannah Tremlett, she's a Hufflepuff prefect."

"Tch, I'm better, though," Adelaide rolled her eyes, obviously jealous of the praise the opponent's keeper was receiving.

Hannah Tremlett? you repeated. She must be the girl who showed up at the hospital wing to see Dafne.

"With that said," Ansel continued, "we have an advantage. Hannah Tremlett is new to the Hufflepuff team, meaning we can use past strategies to win."

"Precisely!" the captain clapped her hands once and stood up in front of the team. "Our first move will be the same one as two years ago in the match against Ravenclaw. Beaters will hit the bludgers in a way so it seems they're aiming at opponents, but in reality, the goal will be the keeper."

"That's a risky move," you hummed with your hand at your chin. "You'll get a penalty if it goes wrong."

"That's why it won't go wrong," Lucinda said with confidence. "Dustan, Alban, you two can pull it off, right?"

"We've done it before," the seventh year beater; Alban, assured. "Don't see the problem with doing it again."

"There's your answer, (y/n)," she smirked and pointed at the drawing of the Quidditch stadium on the board. "Moving on. As always, Regulus, you focus on catching the snitch as quickly as possible. Adelaide, guarding the goalposts is your domain, so I don't have much of a comment for you. Dustan, Alban, we'll focus on polishing your aim as much as possible until the match. Ambrose, you'll replace Augustus for the rest of the Inter-House cup, so be at the top of your game and practice being in sync with me and Ansel."

It was normal that you had no role in Lucinda's brief assignment distribution. You attended practice, but you weren't allowed to play in official matches, since it was impossible for you to actually join the team until the next official tryouts at the beginning of the new school year. Lucinda was a very inclusive captain, so she really didn't mind if you tagged along during practices or briefings such as this one.