Study

"I hate my partner," James complained as he leaned his chin on the table of the library.

"It's a little late to be complaining, James," Remus chuckled, "since we present our potion projects tomorrow."

"A little late to be complaining?" Lily repeated. "He's been complaining about that every time someone mentions anything about potions!"

"No, but really. I loathe him," he continued. "It's an indescribably strong dislike for Snivellus, there are no words to express how thankful I am that tomorrow, it'll all be over and I won't have to partner with him again."

"If you're really that thankful, you should stop distracting yourself and everyone else," you sighed, flipping through your presentation notes. "This is our last chance to study and practice for tomorrow's potion project presentation. That's why we've all gathered up in the library, not to hear about your unlucky pairing."

"Someone's not in a very good mood," James whistled and sat upright.

"Did you really expect her to be bright and jolly?" Remus rolled his eyes and faced you. "It's been three days since you've told Regulus, how are you feeling?"

"I'm hanging in there," you smiled. "Doing better than I thought."

"All thanks to me!" Sirius grinned as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders in a side hug as you glared at him. "...Okay, maybe not all thanks to me, but I deserve much of the credit."

"You two are lucky you didn't get caught by any prefects," Lily shook her head. "I mean, you stayed in the astronomy tower until what? One in the morning?"

"It was necessary," you interfered. "I am an emotionally damaged person, after all."

"And you saying that so casually really proves your point," James laughed.

"Stop pretending to be so insensible!" Lily hit the back of her boyfriend's neck. "Doesn't do well with you."

"I've noticed, thanks," he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "'Cause every time I act that way, I get slapped in the head."

"Here, eat this, it'll make you feel better," Remus handed you a piece of chocolate while the lovely couple next to him battled over who would have the last word.

"Thank you, Remus. You are a sweetheart," you smiled and bit the chocolate.

"Hey! Don't try to steal (y/n) with your chocolate, Moony!" Sirius pouted as he leaned his chin on your shoulder, giving you puppy eyes.

"Not my intention. I am happily married to my chocolate which I so generously offer," Remus replied with a laugh.

"You want some, don't you?" you raised an eyebrow towards Sirius as you looked at the remaining piece of the sweet in your hand.

Sirius nodded and smiled brightly, waiting for you to share. You looked at him and back at the chocolate a few times before shrugging, smirking, and eating the last piece. Sirius gasped and leaned back on his chair, looking dramatically hurt.

"Is this the thanks I get for depriving myself of my beauty sleep to make you feel better?" he said in a shocked voice. "You are truly evil, (y/n) (l/n)."

"Mhm, sure," you nodded. "And yet somehow, you ended up liking me. Funny, isn't it?"

"But you like me back. What a terrible coincidence, am I right?" Sirius replied without missing a beat.

"Fine, I'll give you that. That was good," you exhaled sharply and he grinned victoriously.

"Okay, children! Let's not get distracted any longer!" James clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "Let's get back to work! We've got an important project due tomorrow, after all!"