“Okay, okay,” I held my palms up in defeat. “Let’s make a deal, okay?  If you guys promise to keep it down out here, I will make sure the boys spend some time out here when they get back, okay? But ONLY if you keep the noise down and stay behind the barricades!”

I was thankful to find the girls cheer and retreat behind the barricades. 

“Now, you guys behave yourselves!” I called out again. “If ANYONE comes over one of those barricades I’m going to hear about it and the deal is off, alright?”

I turned back to Eric and made my way back toward the doors leading into the hotel lobby.  “You haven’t left yet,” I said as he followed me.

“I’m not leaving without you,” he replied.

“Well then I guess you better plan on getting a body bag, cause that’s the only way I’d end up going anywhere with you,” I said hurriedly making my way through the lobby.  I needed to grab a couple things from upstairs, then get back to the venue.

“Becca, come on,” he said with a groan as I pushed the button on the elevator.  “We can get through this.”

“There’s nothing to get through,” I stepped into the elevator and rolled my eyes when he stepped in it with me, feeling a chill go down my spine.

“You know you want to come home with me,” He said firmly.

I laughed. “Have you bumped your head? Obviously you don’t know me as well as you think.”

He reached out and pulled the emergency stop button and looked at me.   I felt my cheeks flush and my palms begin to sweat.  He knew I hated confined spaces….especially confined spaces where he was involved.

“Eric, please,” I sighed. “I have to get back to work.”

“Work?” he raised an eyebrow. “By the way, I can’t believe that you’re fucking one of those kids! How pathetic can you be?”

“It’s none of your business,” I replied, swallowing hard.

“You’re my fucking wife,” he moved closer to me, pressing me up against the wall.  The smell on his breath was familiar…single malt whiskey.  “It’s every bit of my business.”

“I’m begging you,” I choked. “I have to get back to work, please don’t make me lose my job.”

“Let’s just work this out,” he sighed.  “I fucked Jade, you fucked the boyband guy. We’re even.”

“We’re no where near even,” I glared at him. “I’m done.”

“Done?” he chuckled. “Rebecca, look me in the eye and tell me that you don’t love me.”

With everything I had inside me, I stood up as straight as I could and glared into his eyes. “I fucking hate you,”  As soon as the words left my mouth I reached up to touch my stinging cheek, the strength behind his hand was just as I had remembered, swift and strong.

“You won’t speak to me like that, you hear me?” he snapped.

I felt the tears build in my eyes, not from the seering pain in my cheek but from the entire situation.  I felt like I was drowning.   Like I was stuck under water and someone was holding me under.  

I felt his breath against my neck and I cringed. His hand found my thigh, trying to move up my skirt.  With one swift movement I lifted my knee, knowing that I had found my destination when he crumpled to the floor, crying out in pain and holding his crotch. 

Fighting for breath, I reached out to push the red button back in, making the elevator move again.  As soon as the doors open I leapt out, gasping for the fresh air as I bolted to my room and locked the door behind me.