Chapter 22

Everything hurt. I could hear doctors' voices as I was being rushed away.

"Louis," I tried to say, but it didn't quite come out.

"She's waking up," A doctor said. "Harmony, open your eyes."

Even with the imense pain I was feeling, I forced myself to open my eyes. There were maybe half a dozen doctors and nurses around me, hooking me up to all these different things. I looked down at myself, to see myself covered in blood. My breathing stopped, as I froze in fear.

"Harmony," a women said to me. I looked at her tag. Dr. Dutch. "Something went wrong with the babies, and we need to deliver them now."

*Louis P.O.V*

I opened my eyes to see myself in a hospital room. What had happened? Where's Harmony? Right when I thought of her, everything rushed back to me. Is she okay? I should have been paying attention. This is my fault. And the babies! The door opened and a doctor walked in.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson," he said. "I am Dr. Russell. Do you remember why you are here?" I nodded quickly.

"How's Harmony? How are the babies?" He sighed, and scratched his head.

"Usually, we don't tell our patients the extremety of the problem, but as you are unhurt, I'm going to be honest with you. Harmony is going to be okay. The babies...when we did an ultrasound to see them, there were no heartbeats. I'm sorry."

My babies. They were gone.

"Where is Harmony?" I asked, trying to get out of bed.

"In the crash, when she was hit it put her into labor. Her body hasn't processed that the babies have died, so she is going to have to deliver the babies. I'm sorry." He walked out, and then the boys walked in. They all looked grim, and embraced me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry," They said.

"No," I whispered.

"What was that, mate?" Zayn asked.

"No! They aren't dead! They can't be!" I yelled. They backed up. I jumped out of bed, unhooking my IV.

"Where's Harmony?" I asked them. They were all in shock of my outburst, and just stood there.

"Answer me, damn it!" I punched the wall, making a hole in it.

"Mate," Harry said. "We are all upset about it, but they're gone." I collapsed to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. Harry leaned down and hugged me.

"They can't be gone. They can't."

*Harmony's P.O.V*

"One more push, Harmony," Dr. Dutch said. I pushed, giving it my all and my second baby was out. I breathed, relieved. But then I noticed something. Neither of them cried when they came out. Are they okay? After they cleaned me up, Louis walked in. I smiled, but he didn't look that good. He looked as if he'd been crying.

"What's wrong, babe?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing. How are you?" He asked carefully and I smiled.

"You missed it! I just gave birth to our babies. They're wonderful, but the doctors took them away." Lou got a confused face, but then it turned to utter horror.

"They didn't tell you?" He practically yelled.

"Tell me what? Louis you're scaring me." He screamed out of frustration and walked out the room. I was shaking. What was going on? I could hear Louis yelling outside my room.

"How could you not fucking tell her? She has a right to know! How could you not tell her she just delivered her dead babies?"

Wait, dead? But I just saw them. I just delivered them. They aren't dead. Louis walked back in, as I moaned in horror. That's why they didn't cry.

"Is it true?" I asked, tears streaming down my face. He took a deep breath, and nodded. He was trying to be strong, but I could see him trying not to cry. I didn't try to hold back on my crying though. I broke out in sobs, as I cried for my babies. Louis came over and held me as I cried for their little souls that didn't get to live.

a/n Ahh the babies are gone :'( so sad. please leave a comment on what you thought, or what you think will happen! thanks loves, xxxx