Chapter 37

It had been a few days, the mother and son duo had been hiding, running away from one place to another. "I must've gone mad!" His mother shouted. "I killed him and now we're homeless." She looked at a few pennies in her hand. 

"Just shut up!" She then shouted at her kid who had been crying with hunger.

"Why were you even born? You're the worst curse I bore myself." She yelled at him. "If only you didn't exist." She sobbed.

"I'm... sorry." He said in between his cries.

She then spotted an orphanage and it clicked, "You'll get food here, they'll give you bed to sleep too. Go!" She instructed him but he refused to leave her, "I'm sorry... I'll be a good boy, I won't make trouble...please.." He begged.

"Don't you get it, you stupid kid!" She shouted. "My life's become hell because of you, I killed a person, you realize what that means? You should be grateful I'm leaving you here." 

"Please, I beg of you, just leave me alone!" She shouted throwing him on the ground. "You don't know me, you don't remember anything okay. Don't you dare come after me, live your life here and let me live mine." Saying this she ran away and that's how he was abandoned for the second time. 

The orphanage took him in but even there life was hard for him, his food was stolen, was bullied and beaten but he adjusted soon enough, he would always find a corner or his favorite place to hide, under the bed or a table.

Few months passed by when he finally thought his misery ended. His mom came back for him. He was beyond happy to see her again, a part of him wished she came to take him back but she looked good, maybe it was true, he had been bringing her misfortune and now she was living well off without him, he thought.

"Oh, my dear son." She hugged him tightly. "I'm so sorry but now I've come back, hmm?" She cupped his face and planted soft kisses on his cheeks. "Now everything's going to be fine." She hugged him.

After sorting out with the orphanage, they left hand in hand, Rihito's happiness had no bounds, they spent some good time together, she fed him good food, dressed him well, bought him toys, for the first time he felt loved. At the end of the day, they headed to a hotel, "Is this our home, mom?" His eyes sparkled looking at the building.

"You'll find out soon." She smiled at him as they entered. 

They were escorted by a few men in black suits. They entered further and further downstairs until they reached underground parking, they went by a few more doors and another huge gate greeted them, he noticed more men speaking on the device in their ear. "Pass?" One of them asked, his mother fished a black card out and handed over, he screened it with a red light and the thing in his hand made a 'ping' noise, he then nodded at another man returning the card back to his mother. 

They were then escorted to a room, a big muscular man with a scar on his face caught Rihito, grabbing his face, he checked him out, "He's too young, but will do." The man nodded, his mother smiled with joy. "My money?" She asked. The man gestured at another guy. He then gave her a black briefcase, opening it her eyes sparkled. When she was about to leave, Rihito ran up to her and held her hand, "Mom?" He looked at her with questioning eyes. He was too young to realize he was being sold off by his own mother. 

"Listen kid," She grabbed him by his shoulder and continued, "You know how much you messed up my life don't you? so consider this as a payment for all things you've made me through, hmm?"

"But..." His eyes teared.

"Oh no, you don't." She gritted her teeth. "Don't." She glared at him, startled he held his tears back.