Chapter 22

"I've never seen her blush like that." her eyes on Rina, Teresa whispered at her side.

"Really? I don't see her blushing at all." Ryouma whispered back.

Startled she looked at her husband "Why are you here? Where's Ai?"

They all were gathered there on the rooftop having a mini housewarming party of the newlyweds- Rihito and Rina who were sitting next to each other on a couch. Aaron was standing at a corner wondering why the hell was he invited to witness his best friends' PDA, well it was same with Ai she couldn't say no when Ryouma wanted to steal Teresa away.

"Giving us some privacy." He pointed at a distance where Ai was preparing some snacks.

"Sorry hubby but I need to gossip with my bff." She tried to walk away but he pulled her back.

"Whose fault do you think it is that I'm wasting my precious holiday here? You're not allowed to leave me alone." He complained.

"It's your BFF's house warming party, look there poor Aaron, tch..tch.. his two best friends are ignoring him..very bad.... go entertain your friend." She waved her hand brushing him off.

"he should be entertained by the house owner no? Why should I bother?" He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, honestly I don't care about your bff but I do care about mine and she's alone there, standing awkwardly so I'm going to join her. If you want, you can have your privacy to yourself." She escaped out from his grasp and ran to Ai.

After his wife ran away, he went and stood next to Aaron and looked at his wife who smiled joining her bff, he pouted sulkily.

"Finally ditched by your wife? Good." Aaron had a satisfied smile. Ryouma just continued glaring at his wife and her best friend.

"I think you should go back to him, he's been glaring at us," Ai whispered to Teresa.

"Oh no that's how he always looks, ignore him." She smiled. "And the thing that's bothering me right now is them, there." She pointed at the newlywed couple.

"Why what's wrong?" Ai frowned.

"What's wrong, you ask? Look around the tension in the air, why are they so awkward? Like that initial phase... you know... when you've just started to like each other but can't ask each other out?" Teresa shrugged.

"Wah! Teresa, you're sharp!" Ai blinked.

"Eh? What?" Teresa snapped at her.

"No, I mean there's a sharp thing.... that knife there... you should be careful." Ai immediately tried to cover it up.

"Hi, my girls," Rina whispered in Teresa's ear.

"What the? why you?!" Teresa freaked out at her sudden appearance.

"I heard my bff wanted to gossip? so here I am." Rina winked.

"ah, that jealous man! Why did he have to disturb the newlyweds?" Teresa elbowed Rina.

"I don't mind." Rina shrugged.

"Oh come on, fool others, not me! I've never seen you blush this red." She lifted a lock of her hair exposing her red ears.

"Teresa! stop!" Rina immediately slapped her hands away and glared at her.

"Oh remember I said I'm not sparing you when it's your turn? So keep that glare to yourself, I'm not stopping teasing you." She stuck her tongue out. "But why the hell are you guys so awkward? You've been married for 2-3 months already!"

"It's just 2 months Teresa." Rina corrected her.

"Yeah, but you guys were already dating before marriage." Teresa narrowed her eyes at her.

"That was...."

"That was what?" Teresa pushed further.

"Hey guys, I know you're married but I'm not, so can we talk about something else?" Ai jumped in an attempt to save Rina.

"Oh, our dear Ai wants to get married? Don't worry, your big sisters will find someone for you, kay?" Teresa winked at her.

"umm... no... that's not what I meant..."

"No it's a nice topic Ai, thank you." Rina smiled at her.

"No... umm.. let's talk about something else please?" the innocent girl's plea was left unheard.

"so tell us what type of guy do you want?" Teresa and Rina gave each other a nod.

****

After sending a drunk Teresa home, Rina and Ai were left behind.

"I'm all messed up! My life's all messed up! My mind, my heart... everything's messed up! My house... even my house is messed up." Rina whined.

"So what do you plan to do about it?" Ai asked.

"I don't know. Oh, I know maybe I should turn into a drunk Teresa and finish the problem of my life.. finish him..." She gestured with a knife in her hand. "but no my heart would cry if he's gone... Wait! Did I just say that? Do I really like him that much? Oh damn! I'm SO gone! I want to disappear."

"O'kay," Ai looked at the knife in her hand, clearing her throat she spoke, "Why don't you tell him how you feel?"And for now, can you please just put that thing down?" Ai pointed at the knife in her hand.

"Sorry for going into Teresa mode just now. Sorry." Rina let go of the knife immediately. "Get a grip Rina! Get a grip!" She slapped her cheeks. "I need another drink." She grabbed her glass but was stopped by a hand.

"I think that's it for today, princess." She heard the man.

"Ah look at this man, he's back again to turn me into a mess again." Rina glared at him. "Ow, my heart... I mean my head... well I don't know."

He was amused to seen 'the drunk Rina' but that's it for today, "Okay let's get you to your room hmm? Come on." He tried to help her stand but she landed on the floor.

"Oh now my knees, great!" She glared again.

"Sorry about that. Here, up we go." He picked her up in his arms.

"Who am I to turn you down?" She hugged him with all her might.

Rihito was dumbstruck, he stood still.

"Hey hey, this carriage is really slow... Now come on move it!" She slapped his back.

Brought back to reality, "Yes your highness." He responded.

After tucking her into the bed, Rihito was about to go when suddenly she shouted, "Wait! What about Ai? I gotta go drop her."

"Oh no, you don't." Rihito placed his forefinger on her forehead and pushed her back into bed.

"But..."

"No buts... you're going to sleep and don't worry I'll see to it that she reaches home safely." He assured her.

"You're going to leave me here alone?" She bit her lips as tears filled her eyes.

He stiffened at her words, God! Rihito had to slap himself to get out of the shock.

"well whatever, turn off the lights before you go, good night." She pulled on her blanket.

Going out he asked Aaron to drop Ai off, he couldn't guarantee if he could drive safely, either his wife was acting too cute or he was too drunk, well he'll never know that, will he?

*****
Hello everyone, it's been long but it feels good to be back with finished exams :)