Chapter 19

Coming back from their holiday, she finally thought her life will go back to normal, everything will be under her control, no Rihito, no messed up feelings. She didn't want to awknowledge her feelings, she wanted to run away from it, run away from him. Nothing good would come out of it any way, she thought.

But the more she was trying to run away, the more she was getting cornered as they are yet again forced to move in together in 'their' new house, a wedding gift by his grandparents.

"This is too much!" Rina shouted in frustration. "And here I wanted to stay away from him." She sighed lying on the bed. "Well at least I get my own room."

She opens the door, making her way to the kitchen to get herself some water, she bumps into Rihito in the hall.

"Hey!" He greets with a goofy smile on his face.

Looking at him, her face lightens up, unconciously a smile forms on her lips. "Hi."

"Good morning." He hugs her and in reponse to that her heart quickens up. She's about to hug him back, Wait! Stop it, Rina! She mentally scolds herself.

"Whatever." She pushes him and walks away.

"What's with the cold response?" He follows her.

She tries to open the refrigerator but he blocks her.

"What?" She glares at him.

"You've been avoiding me." He pouts sulkily.

If you think he's cute. You're dead!

"So?" She shoves him to the sode and takes the bottle out of the frigde.

"Woah! So, you're actually avoiding me?"

Without replying she tries to walk away but he corners her against the wall.

"Hey!" She shouts.

"Did I do something?"

"Move." She glares at him.

"Why're you upset?"

"Out of my way, Rihito."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Your wish." She smiles at him and the next moment he feels a sharp pain on his stomach. "Ouch."

"You asked for it." She rolls her eyes making her way back to her room.

Once inside, she shut the door and drops onto the floor, keeping hand on her drumming chest she takes deep breath trying to calm herself, "What the hell is wrong with me?" 

***

That Afternoon, the girls decided to meet up at their hangout spot, Ai's bakery.

"So how was your adventurous holiday? Oops I mean your honeymoon?" Teresa elbowed Rina.

Rina glared at her best friend giggling beside her.

"Oh come on." Teresa poked her arms.

"As you mentioned it was adventurous?" Rina shrugged.

"I had my doubts but I can't believe he manged to convince you into this." Teresa stared at the pictures on her phone of her bff's skydiving, bungee jumping and all the stuffs they did, it even had sneak peeks sent in their group chat, consisting members: Rihito, Teresa and Ai.

"And I can't believe you teamed up with him behind my back. You even sold out my secrets." Rina gave her an accusing look.

"Yup, in a fair price. Look at your happy face I got in exchange of your secrets." Teresa showed her picture.  "you're so happy here."