Chapter 4

"Mark, will you please explain why am I in a hospital bed pretending to be ill when I'm absolutely healthy?" lying on a hospital bed with an iv cannula on her right hand, Rosaline asked her husband in an irritated tone.

"How many times should I tell you, not to remove your oxygen mask? Here I'll put it on for you." Mark adjusted the oxygen mask back on her face. "And close your eyes." He added.

She glared at her husband demanding an explanation.

"Oh wait! first tell me how am I looking?" He asked rubbing his eyes and pinching his nose. "Do I look like I've been crying for hours? Or should I put some more effort?"

When she realized that she's not getting any explanation out of her overdramatic husband, she silently closed her eyes.

"Hey, that's not fair. Now you decide to close your eyes when I asked you a question, at least answer me before you go to sleep." He complained.

"Oh wait a minute! It seems like he's here." He showed her his phone's screen flashing the message.

"I can't believe you're using the chief of the police department for this stupid plan of yours?!" Rose gaped.

"Oh come on, you know, he owes me a lot. I'm simply making him my messenger and not asking for more. I'm being very kind to that jerk already." He retorted. "Anyway now lay down and go to sleep, let your husband handle everything." He smiled at her and began the countdown. "3.....2.....1"

"Granny!" entered their grandson Rihito.

Rihito's P.O.V

My parents never cared about me in my entire life neither do I, they got divorced when I was 5, where are they? How are they? Are they alive? I don't know, hell I don't even remember their faces, so the only family I have is my grandparents. The love I never got from my parents I got it from them. I love my grandparents especially my granny. She means everything to me, the only woman in this whole world whom I care about the most. She gave me a mother's love and support throughout my life. So my world came crashing down when I heard the news, my granny collapsed and was admitted to the hospital, I didn't get many details but it was serious.

"Granny!" I rushed into her hospital room and saw my granny lying on the bed, her skin pale and she had an oxygen mask on her face. The electrical instruments around her making noise and my Grandy, he was holding her hands. Grandy slowly got up and turned to face me, his eyes red with tears. I've never seen my almighty Grandy this weak and helpless.

"Oh, Grandy! What happened?" I rushed to my granny's side and held her hand, her eyes were closed her chest rising and falling with her breath.

Grandy slumped down on a couch nearby the window. I rushed to his side. "It's alright. I know she's going to be okay." I hugged him.

"She has a tumor... a brain tumor," Grandy said in a whisper.

"It's not dangerous right?"

"She's only..... got...few months to live.." His voice choked.

"No! But... She was fine.. she was absolutely fine... there must be a way... this can't be happening!!" I argued, my voice trembled, my tears threatened to fall.

"Well, there is a surgery, one only hope," I heard him mutter, "But the chances are still slim."

"How does that matter? I don't care, even if its 1%, we'll go with it. We can't just give up!"

"Of course son, but she says she won't go through surgery until she sees you married." Grandy looked straight into my eyes.

"What?!" I almost yell. "Are you serious Grandy? Is that even a reason for refusing the only hope we have of saving her?! I can't believe you're the one saying this!" I shouted.

"I tried to convince her.. but you know how stubborn she can be. She's going on about not wanting to die before she sees her grandson settle down. She's worried who will take care of you after her."

"she's going to die if she doesn't have this operation!" I argued.

"I told you Rihito, even the success rate of this surgery is low and she won't listen to anyone and not even I could convince her. Instead, her condition deteriorated after our argument and keep your voice down she just went to sleep." He glared at me.

"And cant you respect her decision and get married? She's not asking for more is she?" His gaze softened.

"But.."

"You've got a girlfriend and we like Rina, so what's the problem?" I felt his hands on my shoulder.

"But Grandy, Rina, and I...."

"Yes son, is something wrong? You can always share with your Grandy?" Grandy patted my back.

I suddenly got chills at his kind gesture. He's going to kill me if he gets to know the truth, especially when granny's life is on the line. I gulped.

"Okay, Grandy. I'll respect granny's wishes. I'll talk to Rina." I smiled at him and got out of the room as soon as possible. Phew! That was close. But damn! What do I do now? Rina's going to kill me and if I tell the truth Grandy's going to kill me and with granny's life on the line, I can't even do anything about it!

Third person's P.O.V

"Who's got what? And whose going to die?" Rose immediately got up of the bed as soon as their grandson went out of the room. She glared at her husband. "Before you kill me, I'm going to kill you, you psychopath!" She yelled.

"Hey! Slow down. He'll hear you," Her husband rushed to her covering her mouth with his hand but she bit his hand and yelled.

"You mad man! What nonsense were you spouting? My poor child! He must have been so worried! and I'm going to die? You want me to die so soon?"

"Hey now, you know I'll wreak the entire heaven and hell if any of the grim reapers try to come even 100 meters around you." He threw an icy glare at her which immediately softened and he smiled at her. "And I took the crying and the acting part and you got the easy role just lying on the bed there cause you know I won't make you cry even if its an act. And if anything were to happen to you... I would have burnt the entire hospital... entire world down into ashes... I love you, Rose. I've loved you more than anyone or anything." he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She gazed at him lovingly all the anger forgotten.

"And yes thanks to my brilliant performance, our grandson is getting married!" He grinned.

"Ah! I don't know what to do with you," she whined. "There's no stopping you. You'll make it happen by hook or crook right? You even went to the lengths of getting me involved in this in this way!" She rolled her eyes.

"Look I asked him to tell me the truth he didn't. Now the only option he has is to come and apologize for trying to fool us or get married for real. I told you I'll show him who the real player is."

"My poor Rihito! You're really the descent of the Satan! Actually no, you're the ultimate Satan from hell." She shook her head.

"Thank you for the compliment," he winked at her grinning from ear to ear.