Chapter 28

On her way out, she called Rihito. "Let's watch the movie at home instead. I'll be running late, I need to go out for an urgent meeting." She said as she got inside her car.

***

"Whoa! How can someone be that annoying?" Rina banged her fist on the table.

"Careful, it's my office desk." Ryouma narrowed his eyes.

"I would've have murdered her if I sat there for another minute. Like Literally!" She shouted as she banged on the table again.

Ryouma continued throwing daggers at her with his icy glares.

"You're seriously more worried about your desk right now?" She looked at him astonishingly.

"Yes. Now, get your hands off." He replied with a straight face.

"How are you living with Teresa then? With her temper, I bet she breaks more furniture than me." She shook her head. "Anyway, how can any mother be so disgusting?" She was about to bang her fist again but she just clenched her fist when Ryouma gave her another glare.

"You're going crazy with just one meeting? We've been putting up with her for 10 years." Aaron sighed.

"Exactly, why?" Rina shouted again.

"Because of your husband. He's way too soft on her." Aaron shook his head. "She gets to destroy him but he refuses to do anything about it. Even Grandy has his hands tied."

"I like how you handled her but you'd rather not have anything to do with that woman, nothing at all." Ryouma said in a serious tone.

"But I can't just stay quiet when she dares to babble how she'd love to torture my man right in front of me." She said in her defense.

"Right. I would've loved it if she punched right into her face too." Aaron smiled contentedly imagining the scene.

"Had enough? Now get out of that dream bubble." Ryouma glared in his bff's direction.

"Come on, what do expect her to do then? take all the shit she throws at her?" Aaron rolled his eyes.

"No, she can downright kick her too, I don't mind. But don't you forget she has very good control over Rihito. You think she'll let her do as she pleases?" Ryouma raised his brows.

"Why? Doesn't Rihito know how exactly she feels for him? Is she only like this behind his back? Is she good to him in person?" Rina asked.

"She's been worst to him," Aaron replied.

"Then?" She frowned.

"He feels indebted to her." Ryouma answered.

"Indebt?" Rina raised her brows.

"What do you do when someone's given you life twice?" Ryouma smiled bitterly. "She gave him birth."

"That doesn't mean she can treat him like dirt." She retorted.

"What'll you do if someone's torturing you? Every minute, every second, little by little someone's taking your life, it's hard to breathe and you're at the brink of death?" Ryouma's brows twitched up. "Your instincts kick up, survival instincts, kill them before they kill you, simple isn't it?"

"But right at that moment," He continued, "someone else kills them, you're saved from being a monster, someone else in your stead takes that burden, great isn't it?"

"..." Her breath hitched.

"With that she owned him, easy to get manipulated by someone who owns your life." He sighed.