Chapter 26

"No... I'm sorry...sorry...please..." Rihito tossed in his sleep, his face grimaced in pain, his body was covered in sweat. "Please... not her...please!" He begged. "No, don't go...Rina!" His eyes flew open as his hands caught nothing but air. He looked at the clock it was already noon.

He looked at his side, she wasn't there. He got up and frantically searched for her. He finally sighed with relief when he saw her making breakfast in the kitchen. She was humming to herself beating flour in a bowl.

Seeing her drained all his insecurities down, his heart now raced for a different reason, a mischievous smile played on his lips as he slowly approached her, tiptoeing across the kitchen and hugged her from behind. Startled, she dropped the whisk on the ground.

"You scared me!" She shouted.

"I'm the one who got scared." He retorted tightening the hug.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I got scared when I couldn't find you when I woke up." He muttered. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"How am I supposed to wake you up when you were sleeping like a kid? You were too adorable." She leaned back. "And I am here, aren't I?" She turned to face him.

"here." He lifted up and placed her on the kitchen counter, "Let me have a proper look at your face." He caressed her cheeks.

"You." She narrowed her eyes then leaned in planting a quick peck on his lips, taking him by surprise. He froze momentarily, she laughed.

"Now you're in trouble." He leaned in and kissed her, his hands caressed her hair pulling her close deepening the kiss. They broke apart in need of air. Desire lit up his eyes as they leaned in for another kiss, she wrapped her arms around him clinging on him.

They were soon interrupted by the sound of the caller tune, the phone buzzed at the side. Breaking apart, he glared at the phone and cut the call. The phone buzzed again, he clicked his tongue as he ran his hands through his hair. "You go take it." She placed the phone in his hand and stepped off the counter, "and I need to prepare the breakfast, I mean lunch." She turned him around and dropped him outside to the hall.

Half an hour later

"Hmm...nice smell. What did you make?" He hugged her from behind.

"Your favorite, chicken curry." She smiled as she turned to face him, she then brought the spoonful of curry to his mouth, urging him to taste. "Yummy." He smiled contently savoring the taste.

"But it's not my birthday today." He answered.

"I know." She shrugged.

"You cooked for me and what? My favorite. Something special?" He eyed her suspiciously.

"I didn't know I'd need an occasion to spoil my husband."

"Aww, spoil me?"

"hmm, just doing what I was told to." She wiped off the curry stain at the corner of his mouth. She remembered what Ryouma had told her, "Spoil him as much as you can, such that he can't think of his life without you, that he can't function without you, make him so that he can't even breathe without you, that'll make him unable to push you away."

"Told what?" He asked bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Ah that reminds me, don't you have something to tell me about?" She dodged the question and cornered him instead.

"What?" He shrugged.

"About the nightmare, you had this morning?" She looked into his eyes. He stiffened. "Hmm, I'm hungry." he turned around and took the bowl into his hands and headed to the table.

"Not so easy, huh?" She sighed. "it's okay, don't give up, there'll be next time." She then shook her head and followed him to the dining table.

After that, they had lunch in silence, nothing mentioned just gnawing silence. When she started picking up the plates, he held her hand, "I'm so difficult, aren't I?"

"Maybe." She shrugged. He let go of her, she walked to the sink. As she was doing dishes he came and hugged her, "Will you leave?" He asked.

"I want to make one thing clear, I'm not going anywhere, Rihito. If anyone's going to leave, I know it'll be you and I swear I'll bring you back." She replied.

"I really don't deserve you." He smiled bitterly. "You deserve much better."

"You don't get to decide that, I do." Turning to face him, she glared at him.

"I.."

"If you don't to be a punching bag, let's leave this conversation here." She turned back to do the dishes.

"When I'm with you I'm happy and I know I don't deserve this happiness." He started before he could say another word a punch landed on his stomach making him grimace. "You seriously punched me?"

"I did warn you." She sighed.

"Look" She cupped his face, "I don't get why you think you don't deserve to be happy but let me make one thing very clear, I don't give a shit about your past, just know that you're my man and you have every right to be happy, you deserve to be happy and I'm the one who's going to make you the happiest man on this planet and I won't let you or anyone else have a say on that, got it? Now if you don't want to earn another punch from me just keep your mouth shut and leave."

"I won't leave." He replied.

"You're trying to mess with me?"

"This relationship, I won't give up, I won't leave." He answered. "Of all the things I do in the future, things that I'll abandon whatever it may, it won't be you."

"So, are you willing to share it with me? Your past?" She looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Hmm? I love you." He smiled at her.

"What the heck?" She laughed.

"I love you." He confesses again.

"Fine, I won't force you, I'll wait." She nodded. Looking at his face, she laughed again. "What? Something on my face?" He asked.

"Yes. Detergent." She wiggled her fingers in front of his eyes.

"What?" he touched his face to find the lather. "Ew." His face cringed.

"go wash your face." She gestured, "Or should I?" She wiggled her fingers at him again.

"No thanks. I'll wash it myself." He stepped away.

"Yes, yes." She laughed as he walked out.

He stopped on his tracks and watched her from behind, "My past has nothing to do with you and I won't let it touch you." He swore to himself.