Chapter 23

The smell of coffee stirs up Rina from her deep slumber, "Hmm..." She opens her eyes to a bright room, her eyes slowly adjusting to the light she sits up on the bed. "Oww!" She massages her temples. "Damn my head! So not drinking for a while!"

Her eyes then land at the bedside table where she finds hot coffee with a note stuck on the mug, it read 'for your hangover', "Much needed." She mutters as she relishes the taste closing her eyes.

Suddenly a piece of memory pops inside her head, "You're going to leave me here alone?"

"Ah damn!" She chokes on her coffee almost spilling it on the bed, after safely placing it back on the table she curls her hands into a fist and hammers her head with it. "I can't believe I said that!" She closes her eyes in embarrassment, "I'm never drinking again!" She shakes her head.

After a few minutes of self-reproach, she gets up from the bed and walks to the washroom to freshen up.

She walks out of the room only to be startled by the astonishing sight in front of her. She walks up to the dining to observe closely, "Am I dreaming or did you mix something in my coffee?" She eyes him suspiciously. Rihito, of all people, is in the kitchen with an apron on and he's setting the table for breakfast? You gotta be kidding me!

"Ouch, you hurt me." He gestures with his hand on his chest with a pained expression on his face.

"You made this? Without messing up my kitchen?" She blinks seeing the dishes perfectly laid on the table.

"Yeah, you see someone else here? And I never said I can't cook, it's just that I won't. I don't like to cook when I'm alone but I can cook for you." He winked making a heart sign with his fingers which shot right into her heart.

Get a grip, Rina! She took a deep breath 'he's bad for my heart', she muttered.

"Here, have seat, my lady." he pulled out a chair for her.

"What would you like to have for breakfast, ma'am? We have Ham and Pesto crepes, blueberry pancakes, some waffles and cookies, cinnamon french toast, petite lemon poppy seed scones, and tea? coffee? or smoothie? whatever you choose." He smiled taking the seat beside her.

"You invited someone over breakfast?" She raised a brow at him.

"No." He shook his head.

"You made all this for the three of us?" Even then it would be too much!

"Ethan had some plans. He didn't come home last night." He told her.

"You mean just the two of us?" She frowned.

"Yes, for you." he grinned showing his white even teeth.

"Are you mad? Where did you even get time for all this? When did you even wake up?"

"thanks to someone, couldn't sleep a wink actually." He said with a suggestive hint to the tone of his voice.

"What does that mean?" Her brows quirk up.

"Never mind," He shook his head, "Here, enjoy your breakfast. Say, aah." He holds out the spoonful of pancake closer to her mouth.

She opens her mouth to protest but the food goes right into it, she narrows her eyes at him but her eyes widen in surprise, "It's surprisingly good." She nods as she swallows.

"Hey! I was never bad at cooking, now you're offending me." He narrows his eyes at her.

"My bad, my apologies and thank you for this grand breakfast, I highly appreciate it. Better?"