Chapter 29

Rina waited in front of the movie hall for him to appear, she sighed as she scanned every guy passing by. "Why isn't he here yet?" She stood on her tiptoes as she searched for his face.

The movie was about to start so she lined in for the popcorn while still scanning the crowd.

10 minutes later

She sat on the stairs chewing on the popcorn in her hands. "You can call if you're running late." She sighed as she looked at the strangers passing by. She called him up but he wouldn't pick it up. "At least pick up the call, will you?" She narrowed her eyes at her phone screen. "Did you just stood me up? Are you getting revenge on me for canceling our movie date yesterday?" She shouted leaving the voice message. "But yesterday..." She trailed off. "No, wait... it's not what I'm thinking it is, right?" Panic rose as she went through her contact list.

"Rihito... I can't reach him." She informed on the call.

***

"Long time no see." He passed by a familiar voice. Turning back, he saw the source of all his nightmares right in front of him.

"You..." His voice trembled. "You... why?" He paled as he saw her.

"Should we go where it's not crowded?" The woman clicked her tongue, "People make me suffocated."

They went to a restaurant and sat in a private cabin.

"Why are you here?" His voice trembled as he spoke.

"Don't be like that. Can't I come to meet my own son?" She asked looking offended. Seeing him not respond, she continued, "You seem to be happy nowadays." She wore a nasty smile as she spoke. He paled as white as a sheet.

"You don't pick my call, call me all the way here and you're still asking me why?" She laughed. She stopped and looked at him with cold eyes as she spat venom, "how dare you smile so carefreely when my life is messed up because of you? You... of all people don't deserve to be happy, just remember that. And that wife of yours, she's got some nerves," She rolled her eyes.

"You," His eyes widened in horror, "You met her?"

"I paid a little visit to her yesterday, she didn't tell you? My, my," She clicked her tongue.

"She's got nothing to do with you, just leave her alone!" He shouted.

"My poor baby, look at you," She clicked her tongue, "Don't be scared, I won't do anything until I get what I want." She picked up a tissue and wiped off his sweat from his forehead. "Since you made me come all the way here, I'll just enjoy my visit here for a while and keep a close watch on your life. Moms do that don't they? Looking after their kids." She patted his cheek.

"You know how much I hate that stupid happy face of yours, don't you? So, don't get too excited and listen to your mother, 'kay?" She smirked as she looked at his pale face. "Mom's gotta go now, bye, be careful on your way home, hmm?" Saying this she walked out.

Rihito looked at his phone which had been continuously buzzing the whole time, he hung his head and cried silently.

***

"No, he isn't home yet. Just tell me where should I look for him!" She shouted at the other person on the call. "How do you expect me to be calm? It's evening already and I still can't reach him." She shouted again.

Just then she heard the door click. "Wait." She rushed out of her room to find Rihito at the door.

"You!" She shouted. He didn't respond, it was as if only his body was there. She ran and hugged him, "The least you could do was call." She yelled at him which brought him out of his thoughts, he looked at her affectionately.