Chapter 7// Long lost Friends

As I enter the crowded hall I'm overwhelmed with the loud laughter and singing. I slowly walk towards the first table, the one of the Lothbroks.

I was just about to walk towards the last empty seat when an older man grabs my ass while holding his empty cup towards me.

Shocked and disgusted I lean forward to take the can that he could have just taken himself. With a pleasing smile I pour him a cup of ale. My anger isn't big, but big enough for my powers to suddenly kick through.

I make him throw the liquid in his face and now everybody is looking in our direction.

"Jamas."
I say and turn around to go to the table.
The last empty chair was between Ubbe and Ivar, which looked at me with amusement.

"Good evening my Queen."
I say to Aslaug and bow in front of her. She doesn't seem to enjoy my company and I most definitely don't enjoy hers.
She just nods not bothering to waste another look on me.

"What are you doing here?"
Ubbe asked surprised.

"I live at this place just like you do."

I place myself on the chair smiling to Ivar who is just staring at me over his cup of ale in his hand.

"What is your slave doing here-"
Sigurd asked with his mouth filled with food not knowing what his brother just asked me.

"-Not that I bother."
He adds with a pleased wink.

"His slave has a name."
I answer in norse slightly pissed looking over him while leaning back in this way to comfortable chair.
Their eyes are wide in shock realising that I spoke their language.

I feel the stare of Ivar on me who seems more than just amused.

"I think that she earned herself a meal."
Ivar hisses not bothering to look at his brother.

As we start to eat I notice that Ubbe seems to  want to say something. I lean towards him whispering in his ear:

"What's on your mind big boy?"

He chokes on his food looking at me with wide eyes. I just start to laugh at him, grabbing some more bread.

"We should talk, I want to apologise."

"You don't have to."
I say placing my hand on his thigh.
I take my ale and sip on it.

I still don't understand why you would drink that sweet piss but I decide to down it since I wasn't sure when I would get the next meal.
I turn to Ivar who doesn't seem hungry since he's just moving the food around his plate.

"Ivar?"
I ask hesitantly watching the hair in his neck standing up.

"Hm?"

"Where is King Ragnar?"
This let's him look up with surprise in his eyes.

"He left. After his defeat in Paris he just left us."

"I'm sorry for you." I say meaning it. I might not have my father with me as well but at least I have the closure that he's in a better place.

Maddend Heart ~Ivar The Boneless~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara