Chapter 34 // I love a Monster

Cause I still believe it won't be like before
And now somehow I just want you more

...

We held each other for as long as we could letting our mouths speak for the words our hearts couldn't speak. We could've continued this forever probably, if Aren didn't call out for me since we had to leave.

Ivar was furious I had to take his axe away since I was certain he tried to kill the poor Aren for disrupting us. I basically had to shove Ivar out my tent since I needed some alone time to pack and dress.

A smile stayed on my lips for the whole time feeling so lightheaded from his lips. He's so addicting that it's starting to get annoying.

I walk out my tent securing the last bits of leather attached to me before I grab my bags heading to my dragon ship.

The people were already loading up everything on the boats since we were heading to york.

I was excited to finally raid and also to have a camp again, a tent again which I could get someones company again.

He was a Prince before Lagertha stole the throne, my people would probably be the last to judge yet I wanted to take it slower this time. I can't afford to lose him again.

As I speak with two of my shieldmaiden I feel someones presence behind us. I'm grabbed by my shoulders as someone trys to scare me. I instantly recognize his sent and send a glare to Hvitty who looks disappointed that it didn't work.

"What do you want Hvitserk?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest as the two women chuckle.

"Is it wrong that I wanted to see my sister again?" he asks, fake pouting.

"I don't remember having a brother."
I chuckle as the two women leave us alone.

"Well I'm still your second favourite person here so you can kiss my ass." he giggles making me raise my brows.

"Get on your boat Hvitty we don't have time for this." I warn him as I step on board of my own feeling a pair of eyes on me.

I see Ivar sitting at the end of their ship his eyes glued to me with a smirk. I go to the front of my dragon boat waiting for everyone to settle. The horns erupt and the people cheer as our boats start to move again. I lean on the side as the people start moving, watching his eyes one last time on mine before the ships move.

...

Our first days in york were quite busy and at the same time we did nothing. We waited.
I didn't even see Ivar since we came here which made me almost more angry than the fact that we still had to wait.it seems as if I just dreamed him on my side.

I had just finished a long meeting with Aren and the other advisors, deciding that a hunt would calm my nerves. My life has become so busy that it has become hard to hold onto the things I used to

Ivars POV

In the distance we could already see the big walls of york protecting its naive villagers from our fury.

We sit in the shadows observing when I hear the crack of branches.
I look to my side seeing Hvitserk who is just as alarmed as I. We turn to the sound our axes ready to attack whatever is there.