Chapter 25// Sacrifice

I'm woken up mumbling beside me.
As I slowly realize it's Ivar I'm jolted awake, turning towards him. He was sweating his body twitching in pain as his Eyebrows are pulled together.

I sit up noticing I'm naked. My cheeks heat up for a second remembering what had happened. I pull the blanket up to cover up before holding my hand against his warm forehead. Is he sick?

"Ivar." I whisper shaking him slightly.
"Ivar?" I ask again now a bit louder.

"Ivar!" I say one last time before his eyes open looking at me in shock. His hands shoot up to my neck grabbing it tightly as he looks at me with pure anger. I yelp for air in shock my smaller hands clinging at his big ones around my neck.

"Ivar it's me Helena!" I breathed out in horror.

His eyes suddenly go back to normal and as his hands release their grip on my neck.
I breathe in heavily, feeling dizzy.

"Hella." I he mutters in shock as he looks at me worried.

"You were talking, I thought you had a bad dream- I wanted to see if you're ok."
I answer still out of breath. His hand reaches over to me but I flinch and he takes it back hurt flashing in his eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt you." he says, his cold eyes darting me again.

"It's ok Ivar- you didn't mean to hurt me."
I assure him grabbing his hand.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I ask crawling nearer to comfort him.

"I could've killed you." he mumbles his head in his hands.

"You tried often enough, you can't kill me, no matter how bad you might try."
I try calming him, still flooded with adrenaline. This could've ended differently, but it didn't right?

"Are you saying I couldn't do it?" he asks looking up with raised eyebrows.

"You're not answering my question."
I say sternly as cross my arms over my chest.

"And you're not answering mine."
he answers now seeing this as some kind of challenge.

"Fine you could probably kill me if you weren't so mad about my body." I answer holding my head high.

"Oh you're body hm? Weren't you the one dragging me into bed for my cock?" he asks cocking a brow with this typical devilish smirk on his lips.

"Ha! Don't be so full of yourself, you're the one who constantly had his hands on me."
I throw back narrowing my eyes. I really have to try my best not to blush.

"How couldn't I?" he asks smirking, his eyes glued on me. As I look dow I realize I wasn't fully covered up anymore.

"See?!" I yell throwing a pillow on his face. He laughs as I quickly jump off the bed walking towards my dresser.

As I pull up the tight leather pants, jiggling my way into them I hear growling, Ivar screaming like a mad wolf looking over me.

I shake my head in disbelief of this fool remembering what he had said last night. Did he really mean it? Did he really want me to be his wife when the war is over?
I smile at the thought as I pull my leather corset tight.