Chapter 50// Call out my name

We found each other
I helped you out of a broken place
You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake

...

I had been woken up by the whimpering of Cerberus. As I untangled myself from Ivars grip I had found my dog at the door.

I was defeated by his bladder and so I quickly got dressed to go on a walk with him. It was still quite early when we began walking in the woods. I told nobody where i was going since I knew that Ivar wouldn't like that I was alone in the woods.

We spend a long time just walking as the forest itself slowly awakened. We got back in sunshine when I heard what sounded like the feet of a thousand men near us.

I sneak back into town holding the leash of Cerberus tightly when I see Francian soldiers. Is this the army Hvitserk has brought here?

By Cerberuss sniffling and wagging tail it probably is.

We walk into the city seeing all the soldiers in their matching armour.

I walk past them and to the shore where I see Hvitserk with Ivar.
But Cerberus is faster as he runs at them excited.

Their eyes follow him and land on me Hvitserk looking at me with joy while his brother looks rather bothered.

I run up to them hugging Hvitserk tightly who like always spun me around in the air.

"Sister you're here!" he laughs out as he places me on the floor again to give his attention to Cerberus again. I'm starting to think the dog loves him more than me.

"I tried sending her back but of course she wouldn't listen." Ivar throws in glaring up me. In his eyes I could tell he was mad, probably because I just disappeared this morning.

"Of course I wouldn't. I have to be here for you two. I might be holding back with fighting but that doesn't mean that I won't stand on the field protecting you with my power." I say swiftly, like ripping off a band aid to take the illusion of a obedient wife from him.

We went in where everybody had already gathered to discuss the next steps. Rollo the uncle of the Ragnarsons gave his armies under the condition that we would spare Bjorn. Of course Ivar didn't like that at all.

I felt his hand on my leg squeezing it hardly as he heard what Rollo wanted from us. I let him as he was too much in his thoughts to recognise that he hurt me.

After Ivar directly walked out the room and though I wanted to follow him I decided to stay with Hvitserk for a while. We just ate and talked, nothing particular except for me and Ivar.

"I'm happy for you two you know? But I think Ivar is taking your support for granted."

"He's stressed that's all. I'm sure he will thank me accordingly." I speak before I knew what I had said seeing Hvittys stupid boyish grin plastered on his lips.

"Does my brother satisfy the wishes of foreign and passionate women?" he asks laughing as I feel my cheeks heat up. I've heard the rumour all around that we had a different Idea of love making than the people here. It was one of the many reasons that Mediterranean women were preferred as concubines.