Chapter 26// Farewell

I'm woken up by all the noise from outside, telling me the time has come.
I slowly sit up my sore muscles being a gentle reminder that Ivar and I cherished the night like it would be our last.
I look to my right seeing his peaceful expression. I just watch him, how his chest rises and falls. I never thought I could be calmed by watching someone sleep but it does. Though we are like two storms crashing together somehow we find peace in each other.

I sneak out of the warm bed and start to collect my belongings, making sure I got everything when we leave.

I then dress myself in a black leather bodysuit, perfect for the battlefield, pairing it with high boots to hide some knives.
I then proceed braid the upper half of my hair, now with more confidence since Ivar showed me how to do them.

As I look around seeing if I forgot anything I remember Ivar. I creep to the bed, and as I touch his arm to shake him awake his eyes open and he looks around in confusion.

"It is time." I say softly as his hand grabs mine, pulling me closer to him.

"We need to go Ivar."I mumble while being pressed against his warm chest. I mean I wouldn't mind if we just stay here forever.

"I'm suprised you still know how to walk." he chuckles as I swat his arm in shock.

"It takes more than that to make me stay in bed all day."

"Outch." he pouts playfully as he releases me from his grip.

"You're already finished?" he asks in suprise looking around.

"I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful." I confess feeling my cheeks flush.

"I had a wonderful dream." he smiles streching his muscles as he grabs his shirt.

"Oh really?" I ask putting my bag and weapons on the bed.

"I dreamt of us after the war." he states which makes me stop in my tracks.
We never really talked about it, maybe because I wasn't ready or because I was about to make him hate me.

"Let's hope there is an after."
I mumble looking up to him before quickly grabbing my stuff.

"We'll see each other on the docks, I still have to finish something." I say as I swing my bag around me, grabbing the dagger and my bow as I march through the door.

My first stop is at our boat where I place my belongings to the Ragnarsons.

Everyone is in a hurry, as everything is being loaded on the boats.

I see Helga, Floki and Tanaruz already entering the boat and I smile at them before heading to the great hall.

Bjorn leaves as I enter bowing slightly at Lagerthas presence. Bjorn side eyes me as he goes but I just turn my attention back to the women in front of me.

"I wanted to say goodbye." I announce smiling at the small Child in Torvis arm.
I look down and strech my town out to the giggling child holding its mothers leg tightly.
It's not their fault that their father is such an ass.

"Farewell Hella, I hope to see you soon." Lagertha says as she walks down the few steps, kissing my forehead which catches me off guard. She gives me a gentle and fast hug, her motherly embrace giving me the hope that she really wants the best for me.