Chapter 20// Orange tree

Watch the sun go down into the sea
Wrap your love around me-e-e
Life is beautiful and now you see
This is how it feels to be free

...

Birds chirp quietly and the sound of water makes me press my head deeper into my pillow. I'm only covered in a thin blanket because it's unusually warm. I slowly open my eyes and strech my legs when I feel another pair right beside mine. When I look down I see a big muscled arm draped around my waist. Where am I? I lift up the arm so I can turn around and nearly jump when I see Ivar laying there. He's tanned, his hair is grown longer and he looks so peaceful laying here.
When he feels me stirring his ocean blue eyes flicker open and as soon as he sees me a long smile appears on his full lips.

Still confused I try to move away but he just grabs me by the waist and presses a long kiss onto my lips. As we break apart I breathe heavy looking at him shocked. What's going on?
"Good moring gorgeous." he whispers placing a kiss on my forehead before looking at me again.
"You look worried my love, did you have another bad dream?" he asks tracing circles on my hip as we both lay on our sides.

"Is this a dream?" I ask looking around. We're in a small house and at the end of the room is a big open door. I can see the shadow of a big tree and the blue ocean. The sun is already up, shining through the flowly curtains of the windows.

"I don't know, you tell me if this feels like your sleeping." he chuckles as he continues to kiss me, his hand travelling down my body as it finds the rim of my short night dress.
He turns me so I'm on my back again, feeling completly bewildered by all of it. He hovers over me, kissing my neck as his hands slowly lift my dress up my thighs. I lift my hand to grab him by his cheeks seeing his hungry eyes looking at me concerned.
"Ivar." I say looking at him with heavy eyes and a pounding chest.
"Ivar." he mocks my accent placing another quick kiss on my lips before he rolls himself off me.

"I know you're right; we still have tonight." he smirks. As I pull my dress down I hear small footsteps on the old floor.
"Good you stopped me." he says as I see something small walk towards Ivars side.
"What's this?" I ask getting on my elbows sliding away from my current position to bring space between me and whatever is on the floor.

He sits straight and leans forward his broad and muscular back flexing as he pick something up.

As he turns around I see a small child with wild light brown hair on top of their head cradled in Ivars shirtless chest. He looks down at the child lovingly kissing the top of their head. It looks about 3 maybe 4 years old and has exactly the same eyes as Ivar. They both look over me, the child which looks like a girl, chewing on her thumb.

"Our daughter silly." he says placing her between us.

"Our daughter?" I ask shocked looking at the small child in front of me. She has big eyes and a even bigger smile looking up at me giggling. This can't be mine, I would remember her... Right?

I lay down again watching her as she crawls on top of me resting her head on top of my breast as her little hand rests on the other like it's the most natural thing. She squeezes my body giving me a tight hug and just lays there. Startled by this I look towards Ivar who just warmly smiles at us, resting his face in his big hand.

"Why can't I snuggle into you like that?" he asks smirking. My cheeks flush red as I bite my lip.

"Probably because it would end in one more of these." I giggle pointing to the girl on me.
I only now notice how I gently stroked her head with one of my hands.