Chapter 29// Warrior

It's a chilly yet sunny day as I get out to take a few breaths of fresh air before getting ready. I knew that the last fight was nothing compared to what was about to come yet I was certain we would win, even if it would cost some of us our lives. Knowing this is probably the reason I felt so sick.

As I go back in, starting to dress I hear the fabric of my tent move. I turn around quickly, seeing Ivar crawling in. I roll my eyes quickly closing my leather top.

"I'm changing Boneless" I state dryly not daring to turn around again.

I hear my chair move and just groan out in annoyance.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before."
he chuckles. I turn around again now completly covered narrowing my eyes at him.

"If this is the case why don't you look for someone else you can watch changing?"
I ask closing my pants.

"I'm not interested in seeing another woman, Your appearance is quite addictive." he states which makes me blush. I shouldn't blush. I should call for Erik. I should run away. He still plans on killing me no matter how pretty his words are.

"You know that once I'm dead the view isn't going to stay pretty very long." I answer not daring go give in.

"Seeing you beside that coward isn't a pretty view either." he confesses makes me look up.

"He isn't a coward he joining the war just as much as you and I." I answer bitterly as I grab a brush, pulling it through my messy hair.

"He didn't even dare to take you to bed, probably because it would be a disappointment." he chuckles looking st me with fiery eyes.

"How would you know if my husband slept with me?" I ask raising a brow in amusement.

"Because you're cold towards him, the idea of his child in you makes you sick." he chuckles pointing at me. Although he might be right I don't show it.

"Ivar I won't allow you to speak badly about him or me again, I'm sick of defending myself in front of someone who doesn't even have a heart." I spit out hoping he would finally get the message.

He shakes his head in anger biting his lip as silence fall over us.

"I'm originally here to ask for a favour."

he spits out like its the hardest thing he had to ever say.

"Can't that wait till after the battle?"
I ask in annoyance putting on my boots.

"It's about the battle, I want to stay near the camp with the others. We are going to lure them here, so they won't suspect a thing."
he explains gesturing wildly.

"Ask someone else to stand there and look pretty till they come, I want blood Boneless." I argue grabbing the black coal, beginning to paint my eyes and chin.

"So you'd rather run around playing catch with King Ecberts army?" he asks raising his brows.

"So I should just stand with the other shooting a few arrows? Why couldn't have someone else told me this?" I ask staying seated on my bed. It's weird that he's here, a meter away. yet it felt so cold, maybe he accepted it, maybe he gave up. It felt nothing like it did in Kattegat.