Chapter 47// Visitor

I dreamt about the lost battle the same night that a boat from Ivars fleet came into the coast. With only my black night dress and my hound beside me I ran down to the docks like a mad woman.

Was it a bad message? Did someone come to tell me my love died? But as I saw the flaxen blonde hair of my second favourite Ragnarsson yelling my name excitedly I couldn't contain it anymore.

I ran up to him jumping in his arms as Cerberus barks in excitement. He twirls with me in his arms and I giggle feeling like I saw the first rays of hope in a long time.

He hugged me for a long time before setting me back onto the ground to say hello to Cerberus.

"By Odin you've grown so big!" he laughs out as the dogs big tongue licks over his whole face.

"What are you doing here Hvitty?" I ask smiling at my excited dog.

"Can't we go in to discuss this? You're going to freeze out here." he suggests as he comes back up to his feet again.
I

just nod as I show him the way to my home.

"So this is where you sit?" he asks pointing to the Throne of bones but I quickly denie.

"Please it's only us Hvitty. Let us sit by the fire." I suggest as we sit down. Cerberus instantly joins Hvitty and me laying down between us and I call a few thralls to fetch us something to eat.

"So Hvitserk. What has brought you here when there has a battle to be won?"I ask leaning back as I look at his cheerful and smirking face. He's so different from his brother I think to myself in that moment.

"We lost Hella..." he answers in a low voice as the thralls bring in our food and drinks.

"You lost?" I ask completely shocked as to how it was even possible. A strategy made by Ivar has been successful every single time. What happened now? Though I dreamt about their defeat I shrugged it off as nothing more than a dream of mine as I thought it was impossible for Ivar to loose.

"Did you all make it?" I ask secretly just wanting to know if Ivar's ok. I still felt unsure how to feel about the things they told me in Kattegat. Either it was true and I have been a fool all this time or they tried to trick me. But that doesn't mean than I suddenly live him less. I think its impossible for me to live him less after all this time.

"Ivar is alright if you were asking that." he chuckles.

"How?" is the only thing I can bring out looking at him in disbelief.

"We underestimated Lagertha." he answers like he had practised it multiple times in his head, as the thought seemed so foreign to everyone.

"And what are you doing here then?" I ask hoping he isn't asking me what I think he is.

"I'm sailing to my uncle Rollo to ask him for troops... Ivar himself agreed to it."

"Then why are you stopping here? Do you need stocks to sail, gold perhaps?" I ask suprised that he agreed to the plan. I don't know much about his relationship with his uncle but he must have been as absent as Ragnar himself.

"I know my uncle will be very generous with the warriors he's giving us... but I want to ask you for help as well."

"Have you lost this many men?" I ask raising my brows. How could Ivar loose this horribly?