Chapter 18// Fight

I'm woken up by my door being pushed open with a bang. I jump up seeing Ivar sitting in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I ask quickly covering myself up with a fur, since I wore a see through nightgown.

"I promised to teach you how to fight. I figured we better begin now." He says in a soft voice, his eyes wandering back up to mine.

"I'll get ready." I mumble throwing my legs out the bed. Him sitting here makes me quite nervous since yesterday especially.

"Don't rush yourself, we need breakfast first. I'll wait for you." he says crawling away.

I jump up closing the door behind him. I press my back on the door before striding off to get ready.

I reapply the black ink around my eyes and braid the upper part of my hair back, a few short hairs falling out. 

I put my "armour" on and quickly make my way to the house greeting a few girls I recognised from the journey.
I opened the door and see all the brothers sitting in there. I walk in sitting on the complete opposite of the table far away from them while a slave girl rushes to my side placing a plate of food in front of me.

"Good morning Marcela." I smile at her hearing the brothers whispering.

She looks at me shocked and confused but I just smile at her.

"Good Morning my Lady." she smiled slightly speaking Spanish back so no one could hear us.

"I'm no lady, I used to serve these idiots as well." I answer hearing laughter from her. As soon as she sees the death glares of them her smile fades and she keeps her head down again.

"Could you do me a favour?" I ask touching her arm gently.

"Of course." she smiles back.

"Can you ask around the other Slaves what happened to a girl named Selene?" I ask. She just nods disappearing as I continue to eat.
She can't just have disappeared, uts not possible for a human to vanish from this earth without a trace of her.

"What were you two whispering about?" Sigurd asks laughing with his brothers.

"That's none of your concern." I answer leaning back as I drink some ale.

His smile fades and he looks at me challenging. Poor Sigurd picked out the wrong girl to start a fight.

"I think you're forgetting who you're talking to." he says dropping his fork.

"Oh I think you do too. Because last time I checked I was the one with the power to kill you in a second without being near you." I smile back feeling my power tingle in my fingertips.

"Please Hvisterk was probably just drunk and tired from fucking whores. You never did anything like that, your little mind games aren't strong enough." He spit boiling up my anger with these words. Ivar sits back smirking hoping he could get a glimpse of what is about to happen next. Of course he would enjoy this.

In a swift motion I make him take his sharp knife holding it tight in front of him.

"Hella we got it, now stop it." Ubbe says looking between his brother and the blade anxiously.