Surprise

I walked outside to find shimmering moonlight along the path to the lake.

I walked to one of the benches and sat down, looking for Aiden.

"BOO!", I heard.

I calmly turned around unaffected. "Hey", I said.

He looked a little embarrassed, and said "hello", back.

While he was blushing, I started to check him out.

He wore a bright white sweatshirt with a little bit of a black undershirt peeking out from beneath it. He also wore dark kakhis and black basketball shoes.

"Done checking me out yet, love?", he said cheekily.

"Yeah, that tree behind you is fascinating", I said back.

He chuckled- and it made me smile. The little rumbles that came from his chest sent tiny vibrations throughout my body.

"Come on, I want to show you something", he said.

He turned and started to walk away, and surprisingly, I followed.

We came to a little clearing where there was a clear view of the lake with the moon shining fully reflecting off of the water.

There was a dark red velvet- nook, for lack of better words.

Many velvet blankets were bundled and formed together to create a large bed- looking thing.

He took my hand and interlaced his fingers with mine. I fought off the giddy smile threatening to rise on my face.

He dragged me over to the velvet bed and gently nudged me to sit on it.

I sat down an nestled into the softness.

A bell sounded in the distance signalling midnight.

His blue eyes suddenly flared with an unknown emotion and he leaned towards me.

What was he doing?

Even worse, why am I not stopping this?

His soft lips clashed with mine.

If I had felt sparks with Ryder, I was experiencing fireworks with Aiden.

It was unbelievable.

Our lips moved in sync as we kissed- the moon shining down on us.

We came up for air after a little bit.

He exhaled slightly- and whispered, "Happy Birthday, baby girl".

He remembered. He really remembered.

"Today" was September 8. The day my Mother had given birth to me.

"Aiden, this was so sweet. I mean- I can't even explain how adorable this is! Thank you", I managed to say sincerely.

I was tired as heck though, and I rested my head against Aiden's shoulder even though I know I shouldn't be leading him on.

I felt him gently lift me up and place me more comfortably against the velvet. His arms wrapped around me and the last thing I heard before slipping away was,

"I love you so much".