The Most Unexpected Thing

One of the police officers asked me if I was okay.

Usually, I would say that I was fine but the stress overcame me.

"My ex boyfriend who cheated on me is back in town and punched my best (guy) friend in the face. I have a freaking INJURY. I also may or may not still love Aiden. HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?"

The police officers and Taylor stared at me in shock. But Jake was just smirking, leaning against the locked door with a glint of amusement in his eyes.

"Uhhhhh...", the three of them said uncomfortably as the locked door handle started to jiggle when someone tried to open it. Maybe my Mom?

The mystery person kicked the door down and stared at me.

BY THE FREAKING ANGEL......

It was Aiden.

"You still love me?", he asked with hope leaking through his voice as his blue eyes seemed to find my gaze.

Jake was fuming near the wall.........why? Overprotectiveness? Best Friend Protection?

I silently communicated with Jake to get Aiden out of my room.

Jake nodded along with Taylor and they both looked at one another. Jake whispered something along the lines of,"I got this..............yeah.............payback."

Jake turned to face Aiden, "Move your crap Aiden"

To which Aiden replied,"I don't have any crap."

"Oh wait", said Jake, "That was your face."

Aiden looked genuinely offended which confused me.

"Let's go", said Jake.

For once, for some reason, Aiden followed Jake's orders.

Taylor left too.

It was just the police officers.................AND MY SASSY SELF! ;)