“Her husband is here,”

“What?” he laughed. “No, he’s not.”

“Yes he was,” I explained. “He had her by the hair when I came in.”

A serious look came over Louis as he looked at me.  “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“No, I’m not,” I sighed. “I don’t know what exactly is going on, but maybe-well, I don’t know.”

“Maybe what?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe you should distance yourself a little bit,” I replied. “This probably isn’t the best thing to get involved in.”

Louis sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, and looked at me. “Zayn, I’m not a little boy-“

“I never said you were, mate,” I shook my head. “I just don’t want to see you or anyone else get hurt.”

“I’m not going to get hurt,” he replied, just before Becca came back inside.

I nodded at him and turned toward the door.   “I’ll see you guys in the morning. Have fun, I guess.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Louis’ POV:

“Are you okay?” I grabbed Becca by the hand and pulled her toward me.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she forced a smile.

I moved to hand to rest against her cheek and pressed my forehead against hers. “Zayn told me what he walked in on…just-“

“Oh god,” she sighed and looked down at the floor. “It’s nothing.”

“It’s obviously something, babe…” I gently tipped her chin to look back up at me, finding tears in her eyes.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“I think we need to-“

“Louis, please,” she stopped me.

“Why is he here?”

“Because he enjoys fucking tormenting me,” she growled and wiped the tears from her eyes, then knelt down infront of her suitcase.

“I hate that he’s hurt you so badly,” I sighed.  “We can get rid of him.”

“How do propose we do that?” she snapped, turned to give me a look, then turned back to dig through the mound of clothes. “I’ve been trying for over 4 months to get him out of my life, obviously he isn’t going anywhere.”

“I’m sorry, I just-“

“Shit,” she rubbed her hands over her face. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. It’s not your fault. Please forgive me.”

“Of course I forgive you, babe,” I replied. “You’re allowed to be upset.”

She sighed and I could hear her start to cry. “I just don’t know what to do, Lou.  No matter how hard I try to get him out of my life, he just fights back ten times harder.”

I knelt down beside her, reaching out to touch her back. “Well, you are pretty amazing…maybe that’s why it’s so hard for him to let go.”

“It’s not about me being amazing.  It’s about him liking to make me miserable,” she looked at me with tears streaming down her cheeks.  “He likes having a punching bag.”

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that with me around.”

She made a “pfft” sound. “What, are you gonna do,  fight him?”