“Hey beaut-“ he stopped when he found me in the room, looking up like a deer caught in headlights.  “I…umm..” he turned to Becca, trying to figure out a way to cover up why he was in the room.

 I always loved watching Louis try to hide things, so I decided to humor him.  “Whatcha up to, Lou?”

“Oh,” he looked at me and forced a smile. “I stole this from the vase in the hallway,” he explained. “Was just going to give it to Becca…to say thank you for how hard she works for us.”

“Ah,” I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded. “I see.”

“What are you doing over here?” he asked.

“I was just leaving, actually.”

“Oh,” he nodded.  “Umm..anyway.  Becca, thanks for everything today.”

She wiped her eyes once more and turned around to face him, taking the flower from his hand. “Thanks, Louis.”

“You’re welcome,” he forced a smile through  the look of concern that swept over his face.  “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” she replied.

“Okay,” he shrugged, then looked at me.  “Goodnight.” He started back to his room.

I couldn’t help but chuckle, which caused him to turn around and look at me with a confused look. “What’s so funny?”

“You’re an idiot,” I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.  “I know what’s going on.”

“What would that be?” Becca raised an eyebrow and shot a worried luck to Louis.

“You two,” I explained. “The two of you have been together for over a week.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking-“

“Oh come on, Lou!” I looked at him and rolled my eyes. “I’m not stupid.”

“Obviously you are,” he let out a fake laugh. “There’s nothing going on between me and Becca, she’s our manager, that’s all.”

I turned to her and raised an eyebrow.  “You gonna deny it too?”

She sighed and rubbed her hands over her face. “Okay, okay, fine. Obviously you know.”

“Why hide it?” I asked, looking at Louis.

“Because, it’s not everyone’s business,” he replied. “It’s my business and her business, no one else’s.”

“No one is going to care,” I explained.  “We all kind of knew the moment that we met Becca that she was exactly your type.”

Louis’ cheeks flushed and he looked at Becca with a smirk.  “Okay, so now you know…” he sighed.

“I’ve known,” I shrugged.

“Known?” Becca asked. “Since when?”

“The night I caught you both in the laundry room,”

Before she could respond her phone rang, she dug it out of the bottom of her purse and sighed. “It’s Simon, I have to take it.” She went out to the balcony and closed the door behind her.

“You’re such a fucker,” Louis looked at me and shook his head, chuckling.

“Yeah, I know,” I looked toward the balcony, then back at him.  “Louis, we need to talk.”

“About?”

“Well, when I came in here earlier, I don’t like what I walked in on.”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “What would that be?”