1 year

Catarina

I wake up to the strange emptiness next to me. When I open my eyes I see that my boyfriend Hero is not there, I only see a piece of paper laying next to me. "Hey babe, I had to leave earlier for work today, sorry, you have some pancakes in the fridge from yesterday, see you xx". I read the note and stand up letting out a sigh. I wish he didn't leave this morning, I am extra needy of some company, but I understand him, he has to work and that's fine. I put on my slippers, one of Hero's hoodies and make my way downstairs. I furrow my eyebrows smelling the smell of something unfamiliar, but yet so good. While I am walking downstairs a lot of colourful sprinkles are spilled all around the floor and the smell of strawberries fills my nostrils. When I walk in the kitchen following the smell, my heart speeds immediately, my eyes and mouth open widely in shock and a wide smile grows on my face. No way! No way! No way!!!! My best friend Kristina is here!!! Me and Kristina have been for exactly a year friends and we always talked on internet, where we met. Even Hero complained sometimes that I am always on my phone, I didn't really care, we had the best time ever. But, me and Kristina never met each other in real life so now I can't believe my eyes. Even if we know each other for a year, for us that's a long time and we are proud that we managed to go through everything and that we love each other like sisters.

"What the helllll????!!!!?!!" I say shocked covering my mouth, yet smiling widely. "Surprise!! Happy anniversary!!" Kristina says with a bit of nervous look, but yet with a big smile on her face. I don't resist a moment until pulling her in a big tight hug. She hugs me back tightly and we both smile widely. "Happy anniversary!!! How did you come here??" I pull away from the hug and we look at each others eyes smiling. Finally, after all this months we are finally able to look at each other's eyes and talk without needing to type everything we want to say. "By the plane!!" Kristina chuckles and so do I. "I wanted to surprise you!!! I joined money and booom!! I am here!!" she jumps a bit and I join her in her happiness. "I am so happy you are here!!" I say smiling widely and she nods her head. "Me too!!! I made you a cake!!" she says pointing at the pink cake in the shape of heart and now I finally realize what smells to a bomb of strawberries. "I know you don't really like cakes from the bakery because they are made without any effort and meaning so I decided to make you a cake by myself, I never baked anything alone and this took me the whole night and I also know you never tried cake with strawberries so I hope you'll like it, I am sorry if it's not so good, but I tried" she blushes a bit and I look at the cake smiling. I can't believe someone actually did this for me. "Thank you, this means so much to me!!! Do you wanna eat?" I ask and Kristina nods her head smiling. "Yes of course, let's eat" she says and I get the table ready.

While we are eating the delicious cake we are also talking and laughing every now and then. "I am sorry, I didn't get you a gift, but I didn't know you'd come" I chuckle and she nods her head. "It's fine, don't worry, my biggest gift is to be here with you right now, to hug you, talk to you and to see you smiling and laughing, that means more to me than you can even imagine" she says and I smile more. "Thanks, today is being perfect, I wish I could see you every day". My smile becomes a sad one, but her grows. "Actually, I got in college here!!!" She says taking some papers from her bag and I open my mouth widely again for the 2947473 time today. "My gosh!!!! No way!!!" I smile widely and she nods her head multiple times. "Yes!!! We'll be neighbours!!" She basically screams and we share another tight and long hug enjoying every second with every our breath.