My only ray of sunshine

Hero

When I came home the house is unexpectedly quiet. I was expecting to hear my beautiful girlfriend's singing or smelling the smell of the delicious dinner she always makes, but not today, there is nothing today and that is scaring me.

I look around the house curiously and already a bit paranoic. "Babe?" I call her the sweet nickname she likes. "Babe?" I walk down the hallway when I hear quite sobs coming from the bathroom. I lean against the door and listen to those sobs full of pain and fear. I could hear that. "Babe are you in there? Answer me please." "Hero?" Her weak voice reaches through the door. "That's me. Are you okay? Can I come in please?" I move my head from the door when I see it partly opening. There she is. My beautiful girlfriend as I know her, but not like this, I never saw her like this. Her eyes are red and wet, they are shining brown because of the amount of that salty liquid in them. Her face is full of dry tears and her mouth look like they left billions of sobs from them. She is sad, that means I am sad too. I can't see her like this, she is always my positive and happy girlfriend ready for any adventure.

"Babe please tell me what's wrong, you are worrying me so much" I put my hands on her cheeks and wipe some of the still wet tears "t-this H-Hero" she shows me a blue stick and I am a bit confused. "I am so sorry" she looks down and starts to cry again. Then it hit me, I look at the stick and realize it's the positive pregnancy test. My baby is pregnant! We'll have a baby! "Wait, you are pregnant?" I look at the test open mouthed still not believing it.

She nods her head through some sobs. But why is she crying? "Oh my freaking gosh!" I pick her up and spin her around smiling widely. "We'll have a baby! Our own little chubby baby! This is the best moment of my life!" She looks at me a bit confused at first, but smiles then "so you aren't mad?" I put her down and look at her with the biggest smile ever. "Babe, this is the most perfect thing ever, I love you so much!" I kneel down in front of her and put my head on her belly carefully "hey baby inside there, I am your daddy and this what you see is your mommy, you'll be in the family full of joy, happiness and love, we can't wait for you to come on this world" I pressed my ear to her belly to listen to the sounds while she smiles adorably and runs my fingers through my hair "I thought you'd be mad at me cause this isn't really planned and you have a lot of work " she says looking at me with a smile. "I don't care about anything else in this moment, my family is on the way and I couldn't be more happier.

Its been nine months since I found out we'll be a family. Meanwhile I put a beautiful diamond ring on Catarina finger, promised to her to give her my last name in some months and now I am here in the hospital holding my perfect daughter covered in the pink blanket that was Catarina's once and while she is giggling at me and discovering my face while my beautiful fiancé is peacefully sleeping tired of bringing this amazing little human on the Earth.

So this like a one shoot imagine for my best friend MendesTiffinImagines , I made this only for you, I hate to see you sad and I hope this made you at least 1% happier, nothing on this world matters to me like your smile, I wish I could see it forever, stay strong, I know you can ❤️