The tour

Catarina

"Good morning birthday boy" I say while hugging my shirtless husband from behind.

It's Hero's birthday today and I am super proud of myself because I already planned the whole day. We'll do something we never did before because I was too scared of doing it. We'll go on a boat tour on the river Thames. I know Hero already went on it with his friends and family, but we were never together cause I am scared of boats and deep water. But, today, for him and only him I'll ignore my fear and afford him something he really wanted.

He turns around smiling and wraps his arms around my waist "morning babe" I smile and hug his arms "happy birthday" I smile more "thanks darling" he smiles too and pecks my lips.

"Are you ready for today?" I ask him smiling and he nods his head "what will we do today?" He says and I smirk. "That's a surprise, you'll see, now go get dressed cause we'll be late" I hit his arm a bit and chuckle. He raises his hands in defence smiling "fine fine I am going" he runs upstairs and before I can even blink he is back with some pretty decent clothes on.

I drive to the dock and notice my hands sweating a bit already. "Okay, calm down Catarina, it's just a boat, nobody died there, if yes then it wouldn't still drive, it's logical, you'll come home safe, don't worry, just don't worry!" I keep repeating to myself in my head trying to calm down my nervousness at least a bit.

When I stop the car Hero looks around a bit confused, I know he is not expecting me to say we are going on a boat because be knows for my fear and that I already said no a hundreds of times when he invited me "where are we going?" He asks a bit confused and I point at one boat "there" he looks at the boat, furrows his eyebrows and blinks a couple of times "but I thought you don't like boats nor deep water" he says and gets out of the car just like I do too "oh no, they are cool, I am not scared anymore and just don't remind me that this water is deep
please " I chuckle nervously and walk to the place to buy tickets.

"Babe, if you are scared we don't have to go, I don't want you to do something you don't want to because of me" I turn to him and smile softly "just relax, okay? I am completely fine with it" he nods his head, I buy the tickets and we make our way to the boat.

Hero

I am the first one to step on the boat and I can already see Catarina's legs shaking a bit. "Come, I'll help you" I stretch my arm to her and hold her carefully while she is climbing on a boat. "Thanks" she mumbles and we walk to our seats.

She sits next to the water and admires it like it's something she never saw before. I honestly love so much that she did this for me cause she knew how much I wanted to go here with her.

"I hope that you don't mind that I sat here, but it's my first time on here and I wanted to see everything, but if you want to, you can sit next to the water" she says looking at me and I shake my head smiling "I don't want to, I am happy that you want to sit there and that you want to see new things"

The boat suddenly starts to move and she immediately grabs my hand "don't worry, we are just embarking" I move her hand closer to my lips and leave a soft kiss on it.

She nods her head and relaxes a bit. The rest of the tour she spends looking at all the buildings and bridge next to and in front of us and listening to what the guide is saying. The wind is blowing in her hair and a bit of the rays of sunshine are making her skin glowing.

After about half and hour the boat stops and we are back on the land. She looks at the river and then at us and gives a little jump "we are back on the land! We survived!" I chuckle and push her closer to me "we really did and thank you for the best birthday ever, this day was perfect, thank you so much" I cup her cheeks and we share a long passionate kiss.

I already know I'll have to do something amazing and surprising for he birthday because of this. Today was simply magical and I can't even explain how happy and affected I am right now. I was on that tour two times already, but this time I enjoyed way more, I felt like I could watch the beautiful face of my wife looking at everything surprised forever, all the other times it was just boring. I am definitely the luckiest man on the earth and this was definitely the best birthday ever because I get to spend it with the love of my life.