Homework

Catarina

"That's all you have to do, do you understand now?" I ask my daughter Rose and she nods her head smiling. "Yes mommy! Thank you so much! Now I understand everything!" She says and hugs me tightly. "Nothing hunny, I am glad to help" I say and hug her back. I helped her with the English homework and I am happy that I did because I always like to help people, especially my kids.

After the lunch Daniel comes to me with a book. "Mom, I need help with maths work, can you please help me?" He says and I nod my head. "Let me see" I say and he opens the book. I furrow my eyebrows a bit reading the exercise and I look at him sadly. "I, I don't know, how to do this, I am so sorry" I say looking at him and he closes the book. "It's fine, don't worry, I will ask dad" he says before walking to the leaving room and when he leaves I hide my face in my hands crying a bit.

Damn gosh I am stupid that I can't even help my 14 year old son with maths homework!

Thoughts like that are racing in my head while I am laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling and crying. "Hey babe, what's wrong?" I hear a voice saying and when I sit down I see my husband Hero standing at the door. "Are you okay?" He looks at me worried. "Yeah yeah I am fine." I cleans my tears fastly. "What's wrong?" He asks worried and I look at him totally breaking down again. "I, I am so stupid, I couldn't help Daniel with his maths homework!" I say crying and he pulls me in a hug immediately. "Nooo babe, gosh no! You are not stupid at all, just because you didn't know to do one exercise doesn't mean you are stupid, plus, you studied that like 20 years ago, I don't even remember a lot of things from school" He says stroking my back and I shake my head.

"No, that's exactly why I am stupid" I say crying and he shakes his head. "One homework can't define you nor if you are stupid or not, but I know you are not, you inspire me all the time with your smart sentences and when you say some totally random smart facts which I find adorable" he says and I look up to him. "Really?" I say and he nods his head before wiping the tears off my face with his thumb. "Yes babe, really" he says and a small smile appears on my face. "Thank you" I say and in that moment we share a long passionate kiss.