Us

Hero

It's like the walls are caving in. The air is becoming heavier as I am seeing her there, the only person I was ever able to love, with him. They are standing there, a bit further from me and she's laughing on every his word. In one moment she was in my arms, we were happy, I was calling her mine and now, she's with him, she ran to him after we broke up and I can't blame her, it's completely my fault and if she's happy with him, that's all that matters.

Tears are forming in my eyes as I see them both leaning in a bit. I run my fingers through my hair trying to keep strong cause I can't cry. She's the love of my life, the one who also saved it many times and I hate being so close to her, yet so far. I hate not being able to call her mine anymore.

I hear the bell ringing as I make my way out of the gym. I decide to try my luck and talk to Catarina. I take a deep breath and knock on her door. She opens the door and looks at me with a surprised look on that beautiful face of hers. "Hero, what are you doing here?" I sigh and answer her "I wanna talk to you" she furrows her eyebrows a bit "about what?" I look up to her and I could see a bit of shine in her eyes. Is she like that because of me? "us" I say quietly and look at my feet again. " oh" she simply replies and looks down too before looking up at me again "what about us?" I look at her, now sadder eyes "I miss you, I miss you so damn much and I get it you are probably with him and all of that, but I want you back, I'm so sorry for messing up, I'm sorry, I understand if you don't wanna see me ever again and I'll leave, I just needed to prove you that one more time" I play with my hands and let out some tears. I know I said I won't cry, but I just can't control myself anymore and pretend like everything is fine when it's completely not.

Her eyes immediately start to water as mine do too. I can't see them, but I can feel that. "Hero, me and Gui are not together" she says through some tears. I look at her a bit surprised. "Really?" She removes her tears and nods her head "yes, he tried to kiss me today, but I told him my heart belongs to only one person and that it will always" she stops for a bit looking with her hazel brown eyes to my green ones. "To you" she adds. "I thought you don't love me anymore, at least not the same way you did before, you know, we fought a lots" she shakes her head and plays with a bracelet on her wrist "I will never ever stop loving you, okay? No matter what happens between us, I'll always love you the same, the most in this world, okay? And I believe in us, I believe we can work this out, so if you wanna give another try" she looks at me now a bit hopeful, but insecure. Wait, she wants to try again? After I messed up so many times? After I was the reason behind all of her tears? After I almost ruined her life? After everything? "You do?" I look at her surprised and now shocked too. She nods her head still looking at me insecure. I smile widely and hug her "thank you thank you thank you so so so much! You have no idea how much I missed you and how much I am happy you gave me another chance." She smiles, hugs me back and runs my fingers through my hair.

That night we fixed an old love. We were watching movies together, smiling, laughing, I gave her my shirt to wear, we even made some cookies together, well I was baking and she was sitting on a counter eating the chocolate from the spoon and trying different sweets I gave her. She's so adorable when she laughs, giggles or pretends to pout like a kid when I don't do something she wants. This woman is the love of my life and I'll give her my last name one day, mark my words.