The car ride

Hero

"Ready to go?" I ask my beautiful pregnant wife while I am hugging her from behind. She is 7 months pregnant now and she really wanted to go on a trip to some other town. I thought that long trip would be too exhausting for her, but she really insisted to go and I couldn't say no. I can never say no, I'd always do anything just to make my girl feel happy.

She smiles and turns to me "I am ready, let's go" she smiles and kisses my nose. We walk to the door and I grab our bags. "Give me one" she says trying to take a bag from my hands, but I just move my hands away "no no no, the doctor told you you can't lift heavy and you know I have big muscles so there is nothing to worry about" I say sassily and she chuckles. "Fine fine mr. muscles" she laughs and I roll my eyes smiling. Gosh I love her so much.

We walk to the car and I put the bags in the truck before going to my place and starting to drive. "Are you excited?" I ask her as I put my hand on her thigh and she smiles and nods her head "I am so excited and thank you for bringing me on this trip, you are literally the best" she tangles our fingers, moves our hands closer to her mouth and kisses my knuckles softly. "You really really don't have to thank me, you know I'd do literally anything for you, I'd go to the moon for you" I move my hand to her belly "and for our little girl" she smiles more and looks out of the window as I put my hand back on the wheel.

After about half an hour she looks at me and says "can I change the music please?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows "what? Why would you want to change this? These are the bests from UK rap, things like this you should cherish" I say and she laughs "cherish? The bests? Oh come on, my cat sings better than this?" She laughs more and I open my eyes widely "excuses me what? Are you for real?" I ask and she nods her head laughing "yes! But you obviously never heard the actually good music" she says and puts on some songs from the 80's playing.

"This is the real music baby!" She says laughing and starts to sing the song. If she was someone else I swear I would change the music immediately, bit seeing her laughing, smiling and singing like this makes my heart warm and I never want this moment to end. "You are going to learn our daughter to listen to some prehistoric music" I say and she rolls her eyes "this totally amazing music is better than your UK clowns" she laughs again and I roll my eyes, but I can't help to smile "I am gonna get her noise canceling headphones, booom!" I say and she laughs "I am the mom and I am not going to aloud her to use those headphones, boom!" I this moment I laugh too and I can see how fast her mood changed when another song came on "shhhh! This is Friday I'm in love by The Cure, Hero this is the best song that ever existed!" She closes her eyes and sings to the song getting the every single word right which completely impresses me. I am not saying anything, I am just listening to the angelic voice of me wife.

After the song finishes and after some more songs I can hear soft snores coming from Catarina's mouth and then I realize she is peacefully sleeping. I turn the music volume down a bit to not wake her up and just keep driving smiling and thinking how freaking lucky I am to have this goddess and a little angel in my life.