What's that? Part 2

Daniel

All that's in the box are some old books and pictures, but what's underneath them totally fascinated us and made us curious. It was a box, a really small one and when Rose opened it it revealed a beautiful diamond ring inside. "What do you think who's is this?" Roses asks me while looking at the ring totally hypnotized by its beauty. "I don't know, should we ask grandma?" I ask and look at her "but if we ask her she will know we went in a locked room" she says and I sigh "do you think this is worth it?" I ask her and she looks at the ring once again "absolutely, let's go" she says and we both walk to our grandma.

"Hey, Nana, can we ask you something?" We kneel down in front of her sofa and she nods her head "so first, sorry for going in the locked room, but we were really bored and second, do you know anything about this?" She shows her the ring and grandma opes her eyes widely. "Kids, I think it would be better if you ask your father about it" she says and we furrow our eyebrows. Why dad? Did he buy that ring for mom or someone else? Probably for mom since it's here.

We walk to the garden where our dad is alone drinking beer and that's the amazing chance to ask him. "Heyo dad" we walk to him and he looks at us "hi kids, what's up?" He asks as he puts his beer down. "Grandma says we should ask you about this" Rose says and opens the box with the ring. Dad's jaw clenches to the floor as he is looking at the ring surprised "where did you find that?" He looks up at us a bit suspicious. Okay, he definitely has to do something with the ring.

"In the locked room" Rose says and we sit on the chairs next to him "now spill it out old man" I say while we are looking at him like some kind of the spies. He sighs and says "last time we were here I had a plan to propose to your mom, but I couldn't, I was just too nervous to do it and when we were going home I forgot the ring here so I told your grandma to hide it because your mom sometimes comes here alone so she wouldn't see it"

Hero

While I am explaining my kids about the ring I hear a female voice behind me saying: "y-you wanted to p-propose to me?" I turn around and see Catarina with a really surprised face expression. "I umm yes I did" I say nervously and she blinks a couple of times "and you were too nervous?" She asks and I nod my head. I don't know what should I do now. Should I propose to her now? I mean, I really want to marry her as much as I did before and to be honest this would be probably be the perfect time so and that's what I did.

I stand up, grab the box with the ring and walk to Catarina. "Catarina, you have been the love of my life since I met you, in that day I already knew we will have the future together, and look at us now, we have two already really big children and we are happy together. I am so lucky to have you, you are literally a gift from God and I wouldn't change it for anything, so would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" I kneel down in front of her still really nervous and open the box with the ring.

Her eyes immediately fill with happy (I hope so) tears as her hand find its way to her mouth and she nods her head. "Yes I freaking will!" She says and I put the ring on her finger. I stand up and we share a passionate kiss before all of us four hug really tightly like a family.

She said yes! A freaking yes! We'll marry! I'll give the love of my life my last name! I honestly can't believe that the moment I was so nervous for went so good. Jesus Christ, I am such a lucky man.