Bachelorette party

Kristina

The room I am in right now is huge, full of unfamiliar people and if there is something I don't like that are unfamiliar people. Today is my best friend Catarina's bachelorette party and as much as I hated unfamiliar people who are laughing with my best friend instead of me, I gotta be here today cause I know this is a special day for her. She always dreamed about getting married to Hero and she finally managed to do it which I am so proud of.

I am sitting at one table with Catarina and 5 of her closest other friends and they are all just talking about something and laughing every now and then. Inside jokes I assume, which I will never be a part of unfortunately. I remember when I was 13 and she was 14, I was always, but like, all the time jealous of Mariana and I sometimes thought Catarina loves her more than she loves me, but luckily she always proved me different.

Half an hour later they are still laughing so much about the things I can't understand even if I wanted to so I decide to stand up and take some fresh air, nobody would notice anyway. I stand up and walk outside to a terrace fastly trying not to get anyone's attention. I sit down by the pool which is really pretty decorated with the lights. I run my fingers through the water slowly thinking. What if Catarina really replaced me? What if she doesn't want to be my best friend anymore? What if she really chooses them?

Thoughts and thoughts are racing in my head until I feel a small touch on my shoulder and someone sitting next to me. When I look up I see Catarina and immediately look back at the water, I don't want her to see my eyes are a bit watery, I don't wanna ruin her day. "What's wrong?" She asks worried and I sigh, I don't wanna waist the time. "You are there talking to all your amazing friends and laughing to inside jokes and I am sitting there alone totally caught off, by the rest of you, I am sorry if I am not enough of you and I totally understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore" I say playing with my hands and he mouth and eyes open widely.

"Why are you saying that?? Of course I wanna be your friend! I always did and I always will, I love you more than I love any of those people inside, I am sorry if you don't understand our jokes, I don't really either, I was just laughing trying to keep the atmosphere, but you are my only best friend and you will always be, nothing will ever change that, always and forever" she says pointing at our matching infinity sign necklaces on our necks and I look at her. "Really?" I ask and she nods her head. "Yes, really" she smiles softly and in that moment we share one long and tight hug while I am just thinking how did I get so lucky to call this girl my best friend.