Baby part 2

Catarina

*9 months later*

Me and Hero are having a movie night tonight. That's when we grab all the pillows and blankets, a lots of snacks and watch more that just one movie. Right now, we are on our second movie, we are watching The lion king because I really really love it.
His arm is around me, his other hand is on my stomach lightly stroking it and our legs are tangled.

Just in the moment I thought everything is perfect I feel a severe devastating pain in my stomach. I feel like I am dying. And then I feel water running down my legs and I get even more scared. But, I have been reading some books that in situations like this I just need to be calm. "Hero what's going on?" I look at him with pain and fear in my eyes and he immediately jumps on his legs. "Let's go to the hospital" he picks me up strongly and carefully and grabs the bag. He was going to the gym the past few months and he said that's only because he knew he will need to pick me up like this one day so he can be ready when that happens.

Hero

I put her and the bag in the car carefully and drive to the hospital. When we get to the hospital the doctors lead us in the room and there I am holding my beautiful girlfriend's hand while she is giving the birth to our first born son. "It's gonna be alright babe, you are strong, you can make it, I believe in you " I kiss her knuckles as she pushes again like the doctor said. Some more minutes and pushes later I hear a soft baby crying and that's when I see him. Our beautiful first born son covered in blood, crying and slowly moving his legs and arms.

The doctor cleaned him, put on his cute clothes and put him on Catarina arms. We both smile as some happy tears form in mine and hers eyes.

"That's our son baby, everything we ever wished for, I told you you are strong" I look at her smiling widely and stroke Daniel hand. We wanted to name him Daniel cause we both really like that name. "I can't believe it" she removes some of her happy tears and looks at our son with her eyes shining a bit. "Thank you for making all of this come true" I say smiling as I kiss her cheek, put my arm around her and the other one around Daniel carefully. "Please don't thank me, I should thank you for being with me through no matter what" she lets out another tear and I wipe it away fastly. "That's the least I can do" I smile softly and play with Daniel hand. "Do you want me to hold him so you can rest"

She nods her head and puts him on my arms carefully like he is the most fragile thing in this world, well he actually is, I have never held such a little baby I am so thankful to have the chance for this experience to see if I can actually be a good father Daniel deserves.

I stand up holding my piece of art and sit down on the cozy sofa with Daniel in my arms.

Some minutes passed and I could hear soft snores from the other side of the room which means that Catarina fell asleep. I smile watching her sleeping with her mouth opened a bit.

Daniel spend the last minutes exploring my face and ears and now he's sleeping peacefully too. I keep staring at both of them while they are sleeping because they are people who changed my life in the better way and I am so thankful and lucky to have them both here by my side, in my life.