Chapter 58: Space

Over in Celestic Town, Luxray catches Rio walking from the bathroom after getting his bath from Zatel, his fur still damp, his feet leaving small wet footprints on the ceramic floor.

"Hey Rio?" Luxray asks, stepping in front of Rio. This makes him stop and look down as he gets a little red.

"Yes Luxray?"

"We need to talk." Rio tilts his head.

"We do? What about?" Luxray indicates to an open door.

"Just come on. I'll explain." Rio starts sweating as his body tenses up.

Please not again... I don't know I can handle that right now. Rio follows Luxray into the room, sitting down on the red bed, staring at the lamp on the nightstand to his right, as Luxray hops up and sits next to him, resting her tail over his.

"So... What... is it?" Rio asks nervously his heart pounding. Luxray sighs looking forward.

"It's about Trixie." Rio's calms as his heart stops pounding against his chest.

"Trixie? What about her? The fact that she's been avoiding me and Zatel for the past several months?"

"Exactly that, I'm concerned for her She saw everything you did Rio... and I know that you were... confused by your rage, but... she's just not feeling safe around you." Rio looks down at the ground his expression turning sorrowful.

"Yeah, I know... Zatel and I still just can't seem to get over Syn... or that bully. No matter what we try, he's just... always there... in our minds mocking us." Luxray licks Rio's face.

"You'll get over it. I know you can. Cause you're a strong Lucario. You're a great father, Ruby and Ariel just adore you. That's why... I've been thinking. What if... we give Trixie to Terra to take care of?" Rio looks at Luxray surprised.

"Really? Terra?" Luxray nods her head.

"Yeah. Maybe if Trixie is with him, and not constantly in fear of coming back to you. Maybe she'll forgive you... after she gets a break from you and Zatel." Rio rest his head back while looking up at the ceiling.

"Perhaps. It might be for the best... Honestly... I'm willing to try anything at this point to get her trust back. It's just... if I get it back, I don't want to break it... again." Luxray nudges Rio's side, causing him to fall on his back as Luxray falls on her side, landing on Rio's belly softly.

"You've been telling me for months how you love me, Ruby, Ariel and Trixie. And your still caught up in your past with Syn and that bully. Can't you... just let it go? For me? For our kids?" Rio raises her head at Luxray with a groan.

"I'm... I'm not sure... I'm not sure, I'm strong enough... I want to get revenge on him so badly. But... all it's doing is clouding my mind." Luxray rolls over until she is able to gaze into RIo's eyes.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to kill Syn or watch him die as much as you do, but Rio... I know that our family, is far more important than any personal matter I may have." Luxray stands up and gets right in Rio's face. "Please try to find the courage to overcome this. I love you Rio, and it's hurting me to see you in such pain." Luxray finishes by kissing Rio for a second before pulling back, turning around while hopping off the bed and out of the room, leaving Rio in the darkness of the room to lay and think about it.

Terra paces back and forth in the lobby, holding on to his arms as he walks nervously. Solaria just looks straight ahead with a pensive expression on her face.

"You know, you've been doing this for ten minutes and haven't even bothered telling me what's wrong." Terra stops, turning to Solaria.

"That's the thing! I don't know what to do!" Solaria looks at Terra confused.