Chapter 57: Time-Skip

After six months in Eterna City, Zatel and Rio have tried Mega Evolving five separate times, each time having to be knocked out as they continue to lose control and try killing everyone nearby. Rio has also trained both Ruby and the new Riolu they've named Ariel to sense the wavelengths of aura around them and to communicate through telepathy, driving everyone nuts as Ruby continues asking dozens of questions a day to whomever she happens to be with. Trixie has yet to stand up and talk to Rio about her fears, which has made Rio worry as he's tried approaching her on various occasions, only for her to run away.

Out in the lobby, Terra finds the woman he talked with months ago, then the two meet up, Sylveon on Terra's back and narrowing her eyes at the woman. Rio sits in the lobby staring towards the ground and at his paws as Zatel sits next to him, both looking somewhat distraught as they try to figure out why Trixie is avoiding them.

"I don't know Rio, it's like... it's like she treats us as monsters or something. Do you think... she somehow saw us lose control back in Snowpoint?" Zatel asks looking at Rio. Rio sighs.

"Maybe, but if she did, there's no way of confirming it, because she just avoids us...." Zatel sits back in his couch looking up at the ceiling. Solaria perks her ears up, blinking her eyes open as she starts to wake up on the couch opposite from them. She yawns, stretching before looking over at Zatel and Rio.

"It's because she did see the fight." Solaria said, still trying to wake up. Zatel and Rio bolt their heads towards Solaria.

"Wait, really? How do you know?" Rio asks intrigued and confused. Terra hands the woman a pokéball while she hands him one as well. They thank each other, then the woman walks out of the Pokémon Center.

"She told me." Solaria responded. "A few months ago actually."

"Well..." Zatel sighs. "Go figure, that would explain a lot. Now the question is... what to do about it? I can't even get her into her pokéball anymore." Solaria sits up straight.

"I think she just needs time." Solaria said. "But I think it's getting to be a bit much by this point...." Solaria thinks for a second. "I wish I could help her out besides a few words, but I can't really think of what else I can do."

Meanwhile, Trixie is in the bathroom hiding under one of the toilets, shivering as she cowers hiding from Rio and Zatel.

"I... I know... I... I should stand up... but... b-but I just can't..." Trixie whimpers, staring at the dirty tile floor. "No..." Trixie softly cries. "No..." she say s a bit louder. "I won't cower anymore! I'm strong! I can prove it!" Trixie yells coming out from under the toliet, determination setting in her eyes. "I will stand up to RIO!" Trixie breaks into a sprint slipping around a little from the wet tile before crashing into the door with a small thud.

"Oww.... THIS still won't deter ME!" Trixie shouts, shoving her two back feet against the door as she kicks it open, she starts walking out backwards with her head held a little high, as she slowly turns around to find Rio and Zatel. Nova, walking through the hallways, overhears Trixie somewhere else in the hallway. Lowering his ears and crouching a slightly, he slowly approaches the corner of the hallway. Trixie is approaching the same corner, her head lowering as her confidence wanes with each step. When Nova finally rounds the corner, he is abruptly surprised when Trixie is directly in his face and coming closer. Before Trixie can react, she accidentally pushes into Nova, making them stumble for a second before both of them catch themselves and see themselves awkwardly kissing each other

Both of them stare at each other for several seconds before Trixie starts glowing white, her body starts changing forme. She grows in height, and as the light disappears, Trixie stands as a golden Luxio before Nova the same shocked expression on her face as the two continue kissing awkwardly. Nova stares for several more seconds until his fur starts to go red from embarrassment. He takes several steps back, breaking the kiss as his tail lowers between his legs. Trixie on the other hand is grinning as she stares down Nova.