Chapter 17: A 'Friendly' Spar

Two and a half months pass with Zatel recovering as Terra stayed in Veilstone City and waited for Zatel to recover. Zatel's Mother flew in two months ago, to check on her son and is getting ready to go back to Twinleaf town after much debate with Zatel as he is now able to walk around on his own who is back in Terra's house, waiting out the remaining two weeks of recovery to be finished. Terra is laying on the couch with Sylveon on his stomach as he looks up at the ceiling, hands placed behind his head. Margaret and Caesar are at work, leaving them alone at the house. Zatel, Rio, and Helioptile are busy helping his mother pack up so she catches her flight later today. While Grotle is laying in the backyard lazily soaking in the sun rays. Terra reaches down with one of his hands and starts scratching the back of Sylveon's head, making her purr a little bit until she lays her head back down.

"Well... this has been a long two months." Terra said. "I swear, if I didn't know any better, I'd say a Slowpoke was turning the clock backwards just to mess with me."

"You weren't one for patience Terra." Solaria says walking down the stairs. Terra growls a little bit as he sees Solaria, then just sighs as he looks back up.

"I said I'd stay here, that doesn't mean I have to like it."

"Zatel, can you hand me that pillow please." Lucy says pushing some clothes to the side of her suitcase to make room.

"Here you go mom..." Zatel says tossing the pillow to Lucy who catches it and starts stuffing it into the suitcase. Terra leans his head over, looking at Zatel and snickering a little.

"What? Are you gonna hand her Rio as well?" Terra says not even bothering to restrain himself. "What about Helioptile? Or even Grotle?"

"Ha, ha. Very funny." Zatel says sarcastically.

"Hey, I found it funny." Terra said laughing some more. "You were REALLY out of it when you woke up for the first time."

"I wish you guys would've recorded that..." Lucy says disappointed she missed it.

"Yeah... uh... that footage... uh... mysteriously disappeared...." Terra said.

"Thank the heavens for that." Zatel says handing her mother another pillow. Solaria just looks over at Terra, making eye-contact with him before Terra looks away uncomfortably. Luxio comes from upstairs as well, looking around and seeing everything that's going on. She then looks at Rio, who's wagging his tail as he helps Zatel. Luxio looks at his tail swinging back and forth, then lowers herself into a pouncing position before leaping at him and biting Rio in the butt. Rio lets out a loud yelp as he starts running around the main floor of the house , shouting.

"GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! WHATS BITING ME?!" Terra just watches this and starts laughing hard.

"Well, I bet this is a pain in the butt!" Terra says laughing a little harder. "This really does bite, doesn't it Rio?"

"SHUT UP AND JUST HELP ME!" Rio shouts, his heart pumping rapidly from the sudden attack. Zatel goes to try and help, until he's pulled out of the way before Rio runs him over by his mother.

"You're not going to the hospital again!" Lucy says forcefully as she brings Zatel in close for a hug.

"Mom!" Zatel whines a little from embarrassment. "I'm not ten!" As Rio starts running towards Solaria, she extends one of her tails as he runs by, grabbing his feet and making him trip onto the floor with a thud. Solaria then walks closer and grabs Luxio with a couple of her tails.

"Now this is going to hurt probably, so you need to stay still." Solaria then starts to try and pull Luxio off Rio, who is still biting down on him tightly. All the while Terra is having a hard time breathing.