Chapter 28: Reunited

Zatel and the group continues forward through the swamp, while occasionally calling out either Rio or Terra's name.

"Rio!" Zatel calls out for the hundredth time. "Rio where are you!" Zatel yells as he pushes through some tall bushes. The moment he gets to the other side, his vision is abruptly blurred as he gets knocked back onto his butt, seeing only blue and purple in front of him.

"AHHH!! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!" Zatel screams as he tries pulling whatever thing had latched onto his face off. Solaria, still watching Sylveon, jumps when Zatel screams. Sylveon jumps as well, jumping back and seeing Zatel's face being covered by a wild Pokémon. She starts to hiss loudly, preparing to attack it when Solaria catches her before she lunges at him.

"You'll only hit Zatel with what you'll do!" Grotle and Heliolisk jump through as well, then are about to attack the wild Pokémon out of instinct until they stop themselves. After a couple seconds Zatel manages to pull the Pokémon off his face, then looks at it angered at first, but then quickly mellows as he sees it's a just a small Gligar sticking its tongue out acting silly.

"Oh... I guess I just must've spooked it." Zatel says as he sets the Gligar down and starts walking in the direction he last felt Rio. Grotle, Heliolisk, Solaria and Sylveon all continue following behind Zatel. As soon as they get out of view, the Gligar gets up, and starts following behind them after climbing up a tree, then jumping and gliding to consecutive branches high enough that Zatel doesn't' notice it. As Zatel is walking through another bush he gets surprised attacked again by another Pokémon.

"AHH! NOT AGAIN!" Zatel says flailing for a little before pulling off the pokemon that attacked him as he looks down at the Pokémon again angered, but instead of throwing the Pokémon off the nearby cliff he gets a confused look as he realizes it's the same Gligar that attacked him earlier.

"Whats your deal? Are you following us?" Zatel questions the Gligar, who just stares up at him with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth.

"Gli!" Gligar says raising both its claws. Zatel sighs as he sets it back down.

"Look.. Please don't do that, I'm afraid I might throw you off the cliff." Zatel says shaking his head slightly. Grotle and Heliolisk catch up to Zatel then laugh a little as they notice it's the same Gligar. Sylveon just catches up, getting annoyed with the constant delays.

"But it can fly Zatel." Solaria said. "Throwing it off a cliff would literally give it the air to get back." Zatel gets up, flustered.

"Then I'll do something else that I'll regret." Zatel says walking away as he continues yelling out Rio's name. As Zatel leaves, the Gligar snickers as he climbs up another tree and starts following Zatel again waiting for another opportunity to tackle him. Which comes minutes later another scream is heard from Zatel as he falls back again, freaking out until he pulls the Gligar off him. Staring at him with a stern look on his face.

"Okay... Do you want to come with me or not? If so, then no more tackling my face. Capiche?" The Gligar just stares at him with his doopy face as he stares into Zatel's eyes. Zatel lets out a sigh as he pulls out a spare pokéball.

"Fine... in you go, but please... stop doing that... I'm really stressed out right now." Zatel says restraining himself from yelling out in frustration. As the Gligar gets sucked into the Pokéball, it shakes three times before letting out a soft ding noise indicating that Gligar was caught. As Zatel gets up he notices Solaria and the rest staring at him. "What?"

"Nothing." Solaria responded. "Just... didn't think that you'd resolve the issue by doing that." Sylveon just growls, then tries her best to calm herself down, resting her expression to a scowl. Zatel calms himself down as he closes his eyes once more, then opens them quickly before sprinting in a northward direction.