"I'm sorry Abhi please.." I pleaded, looking up to meet his stony gaze.

His eyes had turned glassy and a rueful smile tugged at his lips as he said "Why are you sorry Miss. Raichand? I'm afterall, the guy you married due to your dadaji's pressure... I'm not your family.. I am a nobody"

I thought his voice cracked in the end, but tears continued to fall from my face as he turned and walked away, without a backward glance.

*** Author's P. O. V ***

It was another dull Friday afternoon with the sun now completely hidden behind the dark thunder clouds. And the gloomy weather did nothing to improve the mood of the tall handsome man sitting by the glass wall of the cafe, looking out at the rain-washed city, but hardly taking in anything.

The cafe was bustling with life as people sat around, laughed and talked and ate and had coffee, taking full advantage of the cozy warmth inside the cafe.

The monsoon was here, but the rain lashing outside the cafe didn't bother the people who sat inside the warm cafe, which was filled with the fragrance of freshly brewed coffee and cookies.

But unlike the people around him, the tall handsome man was sat alone at his table, rather lost in thought, with his eyes burning red with fury, and also with the unshed tears as he hid his eyes behind a pair of tinted reading glasses. Dressed in a black turtle-neck fitted sweater and black trousers, he looked as handsome as ever, earning a gazes from the group of girls sitting at a table a little away from where he was sat.

And wearing a simple black jacket, he looked like the lord of darkness himself, a complementary beard to boot as well!

With his silky hair tousled and making him look sexier as his free hand ran to it every few seconds, in frustration, and anger. But he was oblivious to the gaze of the girls who gaped at him, and giggled and chatted loudly, all in awe of this handsome man.

All he wanted was the woman he loved - in his arms. But right now, he'd have to do with her favorite stole.

His right hand that was deep in his blazer pocket kept caressing that stole - the stole his Naina loved the most.

It was a simple baby blue stole of that soft chiffon material, but with white dandelions printed all over it.

He remembered his girl wearing it one fine sunny day when they'd gone out for a brunch date.

But tears burner Abhi's eyes as he recalled Naina's coffee date with her ex, and he clenched his jaw tightly.

He let go off that stole as though he was letting go off her hand, but his heart hammered loudly in his ears and his hand went back to stroking the stole - to just hold it. It meant like having Naina's presence.

He knew she wasn't his anymore, and maybe it was his own foolishness Abhi thought, to have believed even for a second, that she ever belonged to him.

But Abhi couldn't bring himself to just caste her away from his life, or even ignore her, when she meant the whole world to him!!

It had taken every ounce of his strength and determination to walk away from a sobbing Naina that evening five days ago after he'd seen her with Anand on a coffee date, before he'd stormed out of the mansion and into his car, finally letting the tears roll down his face.

Neither alcohol nor the long drive had soothed his heart, and when he'd returned to the mansion at around midnight, he'd still found his girl curled up at the entrance of the mansion, fast asleep.