The beginnings of an end

Start from the beginning

There were a few seconds of complete silence before Danzo agreed, "Yes, we haven't considered a Brand Ambassador. Hinata, follow up on Sasuke's approach. I want a Proposal first thing in the morning tomorrow."

Hinata acknowledged, and the meeting continued.

It went on for hours.
And for the first time since Naruto had popped up in my life again, I felt myself distracted from the haunting thoughts of him.

At this point, I could drive myself insane with all that thinking about him all the damn time.
It was like the love I had suppressed within the past years had imploded, swallowing me whole.

It was almost dinner time when the conference call meeting finally ended. But it wasn't over for Hinata and I. We had a separate call to discuss the Proposal.

"Find 20 suitable Brand Ambassadors, he or she need to be appealing to the age group mentioned. Models, Actors or Singers would be a good place to start." I was growing impatient and quickly spilled out all the ideas that ran through my head. I wanted to end this as soon as possible, then I could check on Naruto.

I was still stuck in my car, looking up at his apartment building through my glass window.
It felt so near yet so far.

"Then, engage a suitable fashion designing agency that could portray the digital fun and easy style we are going for." I continued hurriedly.

I could hear her typing all these down, trying to catch up with every word I spoke.

"Any questions?"

"N-No, President Sasuke."

I hung up and walked over to the apartment building. I was waiting for the elevator when I received a call from Sakura.

It was now way past dinner time.

"I'm coming up now." I told her as I stepped into the lift.
"Oh! I wanted to let you know we went out for dinner."
I held the elevator's door at the very last second before it could fully close.
I darted out of the lift and towards my car, "Where? I'll come over now."

"We're at-"
"Don't tell him where we are!" I heard Naruto hushing her in the distance.

"Alright, alright. Well.. You heard the little man." Sakura chuckled and apologised.

Disappointed, I went back into my car. Waiting for Naruto and Sakura to return to their apartment building. I just wanted to make sure he was going to be alright.

I dropped my head down, resting my forehead at the top of my steering wheel.
But.. I can't do shit. I couldn't even muster the courage to tell him that I was wrong and that I was truly sorry for what I've done.
How do I get my message across genuinely so that he knows its from the bottom of my heart?
Or is it too late now to repair the damage I did?

I sighed heavily, staring into blank space..
I may be the brains of a company, but I am completely brainless when it comes to loving him.

It was now past midnight and I have not caught sight of either of them.
I dropped Sakura a text.

12:33AM - "Where are you?"

I waited anxiously for a reply, keeping my eyes on the entrance of the building.

12:49AM - "Bar. Dwrinkign"

12:49AM - "Which bar?"

Almost half an hour passed and there was still no response from her again. I decided that I couldn't keep waiting for her reply and drove around to the nearby bars.

I would safely assume that Naruto is drinking as well.. And knowing that he isn't a good drinker, I didn't have a good feeling about it.

But after stopping at a few bars and checking them, I finally received a text of their location.

I sped, cutting through traffic to reach there as fast as possible. I entered the bar and began to search for the blonde boy.

My eyes caught sight of the pair at the corner of the bar with plenty of empty bottles and cups on their table.
Sakura had her head on the table, looking like she was knocked out while Naruto was being approached by a guy.

I pushed past the stranger and snatched the glass out of Naruto's hand from behind. "Stop drinking."

"Who the hell are you?" The drunken guy asked violently.
"Fuck off." I growled fiercely before turning back to my love. He wasn't worth my attention, I only had one and only one concern here.

"Hey! That's my cupp! Get your own!" Naruto slapped my arm and tried to take his glass, I raised my arm higher out of his reach.
Sakura was awoken by the commotion, "Leave him alone, you.. p-pervert!" She swung at me and I swiftly dodged her unstable fist. She ended up bashing the drunken guy behind me and he fell backwards easily.

"It's me." I grabbed her balled up fist when she tried to attack me again.
She rubbed her eyes, squinting hard to identify me with her blurry vision. Her face was all flushed and she kept fidgeting because she couldn't keep her balance.
"Ah! It's you..u!" She smiled sheepishly.

"Let me take you both home." I slung their arms around me to help them both back to my car. I gave the drunken stranger who was now laid out on the floor a good kick at the side of his stomach on my way out.
I clicked my tongue, annoyed that I had now dirtied my $8,000 pair of shoes.

Just as we exited the place, Naruto pushed himself off me angrily. "I don't need y-your help!" He tried backing away from me, eventually tripping over his own leg and falling backwards onto his bum on the pavement outside the bar.

"He's.. not a pervert, N-Naruto! He-..He's the good one." Sakura withdrew her arm around my neck and helped her best friend off the ground shakily.

"Liar! He's not good.. to me. He's the one that broke my heart."