Date (Linkhan)

And here is linkhan (assuming you meant Lin x Saikhan) for @Xx_NessaH_xX

.

.

.

Lin still couldn't believe she was doing this.

A date, at her age! With Saikhan! Why would she agree to that?

Because I didn't want to be rude, she answered herself. Not that rudeness had ever stopped her before.

The truth was, Saikhan had been asking her out since they were still in their prime. Each time she'd say no, and each time he'd smile, wink, and say "that's alright, I'll get you one of these days." It didn't really bother her much, so she allowed it to continue. She knew he would stop if she ever seriously told him to, but she didn't really care one way or another.

Eventually though, the routine had gotten old. But somehow she just couldn't ask him to stop. It felt like doing that after all these years would be wrong somehow. It would be like canceling a tradition with no notice. If she was going to do it, she figured it wouldn't kill her to just go on the date. Besides, she would be lying if she said she hadn't softened to the man over the years. So, Lin allowed her stubbornness to be overshadowed by her readiness to make him stop.

"Fine, I'll go on one date with you," she finally resented. He grinned from ear to ear and resembled a kid at Christmas.

"Really now? Great! I'll pick you up at eight!"

And now here she was, standing in front of the mirror staring at herself. She supposed her attire was fine, it being a plain tunic paired with equally plain pants of a different color, but if he took her someplace fancy she'd be seriously underdressed.

He wouldn't do that, she thought, he's known me too long.

Satisfied that she was dressed appropriately, she sat on her bed and fiddled with a piece of metal that lay on her bedside table until eight o'clock came.

"Lin! You look lovely!" Saikhan said as she answered the door. He was dressed as casually as her.

"Not too bad yourself. So where are we going?" She asked. He grinned.

"Not telling until we get there!"
He held out his arm for her to take. With some slight reluctance, she looped her own arm through his and followed as he led her to his Satomobile.

~

"A probending match?" Lin asked as they pulled up to the arena. Saikhan grinned at her for the hundredth time.

"Yep! You like probending, don't you?" He asked. Lin nodded. His grin grew.

"Well then, let's go!"

Perhaps this date wouldn't be a total waste of time.

"So, why'd you ask me out so many times?" Lin asked once they were inside. Saikhan shrugged.

"I figured if I kept asking you'd say yes, and I was right!"

That wasn't a satisfactory answer. "But what made you continue to ask me for twenty years? Surely you had to have met other people you liked." She asked. He shrugged again.

"Nobody else ever caught my eye."

Lin didn't know how to respond to that, so they found their seats in silence. The rest of the evening passed with anxious shouts and groans of frustration. The Rabbaroos beat the Armadillo Bears on a coin toss. Lin was happy–she was a Rabbaroos fan–but Saikhan wasn't pleased with the outcome.

"It was so close!" He whined. Lin rolled her eyes.

"Quit being a baby," she told him. He shook his head.

"Easy for you to say, your team won!"

They looked at each other for a moment, then burst into chuckles.

"You mean what you said up there, about nobody else ever catching your eye?" Lin asked, after the laughter died down. Saikhan looked serious for the first time all night.

"Of course I did, Lin. I think you're the most spectacular woman alive."

She blushed. Lin Beifong blushed. I kid you not, dear reader, it really happened.

Of course, then he ruined it by saying "After all, you're the only woman I've ever met with balls bigger than mine!"

She rolled her eyes, a schoolgirl grin creeping up her face despite her best efforts to prevent it.

"Yeah, well, that's not exactly hard to achieve," She retorted.

Saikhan only chuckled.

Okay, so this was a little fun...

"So what would you say to a second date?" He asked. Lin pretended to think it over.

"I'd say... it may be manageable."

.

.

.

A/n it was a valiant effort, trying to write this.