When Can I See You Again (Tahnorra)

A/n I've never written one of these before so I'm trying it now.

.

.

.

It was a clear night, and the wedding party had finally dispersed when Avatar Korra and her little non-bender friend came back from the gazebo. Tahno and his band were loading up to go home at that point, and the waterbender was hardly paying any attention when someone called to him.

"Tahno! Is that you?"

He turned around, expecting to see a crazed fan from his probending days. He wasn't expecting Avatar Korra to speak to him. Yet here she was, with that awful haircut he was hoping had only been a rumor. Other than that, though...she was just as pretty as she had been three years ago.

"Oh, it's you," he said, a grin beginning to form. "Come for my autograph, Uh-vatar?"

Korra raised an eyebrow and began to smirk herself, and spirits she was actually kinda beautiful. Tahno wondered if maybe that haircut wasn't as terrible as he'd thought.

"No, I came to offer you mine. And to compliment your trombone playing. I didn't know you were musical!"

Tahno actually chuckled. He hadn't really expected Korra to be so nice to him. Sure, he's been nice enough in the charity tournament, but they hadn't really talked.

"Well, I guess there's a lot you don't know about me."

Korra grinned at him. The way it lit her face, it was like someone turned on a lamp.

The situation fell to a silence, and Tahno was worried she may take it as her cue to leave. So he spoke again.

"I'm really glad you're back, Korra. The city's been kinda boring without you."

Korra's grin returned and he wondered if he was falling in love.

"Thanks, Tahno. It's good to be back. I feel a lot better now that I've found my groove again."

A warm, fuzzy feeling began in his gut. He wanted to see her again, but how to ask her out?

"So, maybe someday we could get together and you can learn even more of my surprises. If that wouldn't throw off your groove too much."

Korra giggled and it had to be the most gorgeous thing he'd ever seen. "I'd like that," she said, and Tahno wanted to do a hundred backflips and cartwheel off of a building in a free fall without dying. He couldn't stop the smile that forced its way onto his features.

"That's great! I'll call you about it!" He said. They said their goodbyes and parted ways, and in that moment Tahno would've loved to be a bloodbender. Maybe then he could force his heart to stop racing.