Brothers (Irosami)

A/n okay, before I fall out of the (slightly uncomfortable but not necessarily in a bad way) recesses of "crackship space" there's just one more pairing that I have to write. I ship it very hard and frankly I need more of it in my life. In fact, this book was originally a book of One-Shots dedicated to them. By far my favorite crack pairing, I give you Irosami. (Also, this one is an indirect prequel to The Least Of Your Worries which I wrote forever ago.)

.

.

.

Sometimes Iroh really hated his older brother.

At first glance, the Crown Prince of the Fire Nation was everything one would expect him to be: mature, calm, and wise. At second glance, he was none of those things.

In reality, Kuzin was a selfish, narcissistic, arrogant womanizer. He had a new girl every week, and he was constantly reminding everyone of how amazing he was. So why, one might ask, hadn't he been disinherited?

Despite all of that, he was actually quite intelligent. And he was reliable. True his arrogance could be annoying and he tended to think of himself, but Iroh had to admit that his brother usually made the right decision for their country. In truth, he would probably make a great ruler one day. He wasn't completely intolerable.

Until Iroh took interest in a woman.

Kuzin always said his brother had poor taste in professions, but excellent taste in women. Which was probably why he enjoyed stealing Iroh's girlfriends so much. If Iroh made so much as a second glance at a woman, Kuzin was all over her. Because of this, he was reluctant to bring Asami home to his family.

"I have to meet them eventually," she would remind him.

"I just don't want my brother to make you uncomfortable." he would answer

"I can take care of myself, Iroh."

And the argument would be put on hold for another day.

But then his little sister's birthday approached, and his mother insisted he bring Asami. "It's about time we met this girl you've been rambling about in your letters," she'd said. His mother was not someone to be denied.

And so he found himself among a royal escort, walking at a painstakingly slow pace to the Fire Nation royal palace with Asami at his side and a knot in his stomach.

His family greeted them immediately. Asami was a big hit with his parents, and his sister had adopted her as soon as they found a common interest - driving.

They were only there five minutes when Kuzin swooped in.

The Crown Prince dressed much the same way he always did, in a modern update on the traditional robes and a topknot on his head, his crown polished and gleaming. His amber eyes shown with mischief as he approached.

"Ms. Sato, is it? Pleased to meet you, I'm Prince Kuzin."

He swept Asami's hand up to his lips and placed a kiss on her knuckles. She smiled.

"It's good to meet you, too! Iroh's told me all about you."

Kuzin chuckled. "Not as much as he's said about you, I'm sure. Although his letters don't do you justice. You are absolutely stunning."

Iroh felt the knot in his stomach pull taut as his fists clenched.

"You flatter me, Kuzin," she said. Kuzin smirked. Iroh scowled.

"But please, flatter someone else."

In a flash, the prince's expression melted to shock. Iroh's eyes widened.
She wound her arms around his torso, and for the first time he felt victorious over his brother. Kuzin straightened and smiled genuinely at the two of them.

"My apologies, Ms. Sato. I sometimes forget to behave myself around my brother's lady friends. I promise it won't happen again." He winked at his brother and walked away. Iroh tightened his grip on his girlfriend.

"So, your verdict?" Zuko asked his grandson as he returned from his evaluation.

"This one seems to genuinely care for him. He'd better not screw up."

Zuko chuckled. "I should hope not. He's always had terrible taste in women, going after complete gold diggers."

"Up until now."

"Yes," Zuko agreed, "I'd say this one's a keeper."