Love Pentagon (Tokka/Sukka/Zuki/Satoph)

A/n and here we have yet another Tokka (with others) for @annabethgranger

.

.

.

He had to do this.

Sokka had resolved weeks ago to break up with Suki. The long distance was affecting them, and more importantly, he'd began to develop feelings for someone else. This had to be done. It wasn't fair to string her along like this.

With a huge sigh and all of the nerves of a new father, he knocked on the door to her quarters in the Fire Nation palace. A minute or so later, she answered. Her hair was slightly disheveled, along with her tunic.

"Sokka! It's you!" She cried, throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him close. After a second, she pulled away.

"Sorry it took so long to open the door, I kinda drifted off while polishing my fans." She told him, a blush creeping up her face. Sokka smiled half-heartedly. He hated that he had to do this. He really did love Suki, but they were drifting apart. As much as he didn't want to, breaking up was the best thing to do.

"Achoo!" Came a poorly muffled sneeze from inside the room. Suki's eyes widened. Sokka's narrowed.

"Is there someone in there?" He asked. Suki shook her head, a little too quickly.

"Nope. No one." She answered. Sokka raised an eyebrow, pushing past her into the room. He squatted next to the bed and peered under it.

"I don't believe this!" He shouted. Zuko blushed.

"Hi, buddy." He mumbled. Sokka turned back to Suki as the Firelord crawled from under the bed. Despite his reason for being there, it still hurt to see one of his best friends and his girl doing... doing...

"What were you two doing?" He asked.

"It was completely by accident, Sokka you have to believe me! Zuko was upset so he came to talk to me and stuff happened and we kissed." Suki explained, taking a deep breath at the end of her statement and waiting with a look of anticipation. Sokka glanced over at Zuko, who was studying his feet like he'd noticed a stain on his shoe.

"Well, as awkward as this is, it's about to get worse." He took a deep breath. "I actually came to break up with you."

He paused to let that sink in. Suki didn't react for a minute. Then, ever so slowly, a sad look crept across her face.

"So we've come to that, huh?" She asked. Sokka nodded. Zuko didn't look up from his shoes.

"I'm sorry, Suki. It's just, the distance is kind of driving a wedge between us. And um, I'm kind of starting to like someone else."

Suki nodded. She understood completely and let him know. They then said their goodbyes, and Sokka was on his way.

Two weeks later, Sokka walked up to the door of the Beifong Metalbending Academy. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open. Inside, the students were running drills.

"Hey Sokka! You here to see Sifu Toph?" Penga called. He nodded. The girl pointed to a door on the far wall that read OFFICE. Sokka flashed a smile and a thumbs up before walking to the door.

"Knock knock," he said as his knuckles wrapped against the door.

"Come in," Toph called. Sokka pushed the door open and found Toph running her hands over a piece of paper covered in bumps.

"Um, Toph, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Reading," she responded without looking up.

"Right..."

"Do you need something Sokka?" She asked. He opened his mouth to reply, but the door opened behind him and another male walked in.

"Satoru!" Toph called, looking up. Her face was alight. Sokka turned around and nearly collided with the guy.

"Whoops, sorry Sokka!" He apologized, skirting around and wrapping his arms around the blind girl, who returned his embrace like a girlfriend would.

Wait.

Girlfriend?

"Um, not to intrude, but um, are you two...?" Sokka asked, switching his fingers between Toph and Satoru. They chuckled.

"Yep! We're a couple!" The engineer declared proudly, squeezing his girlfriend.

"Isn't that great?" Toph asked. Sokka decided she didn't sound very Toph-like.

"Yeah... wonderful..." the Tribesman replied. The couple pulled apart and Toph fixed her gaze on Sokka.

"Did you need something?" She asked. Sokka's hand went to the back of his neck, and his gaze fixed on the ground.

"Uh... I kind of bent Boomerang, and I was wondering if you could fix it." He covered. It wasn't totally untrue. He had bent one of the corners of his boomerang after throwing it at a frog-squirrel the previous day. He pulled it out and handed it to the earthbender. She examined it, raised an eyebrow, and looked up at her friend.

"What? You know how much I care about Boomerang!" He nearly shouted, barely able to keep his emotions out of his voice.

"Okay okay, sheesh." She grabbed the bent tip and pulled it flat, then handed it back to its owner.

"There you go!" She said. Sokka grabbed the handle and replaced it in its sheath on his back.

"Thanks, Toph. I knew I could count on you."

And as he turned to leave, he could barely keep his emotions in check.

Even non-benders can tearbend.

.

.

.

A/n I've been saving that tearbending line forever! 

(A/n from the future: God I'm lame)