Fatal Attraction Part 1 (Korvira)

A/n coming temporarily off my hiatus to write this one because I was bored and got the prompt and I wanna see Kuvira in action again (because I am Kuvira trash) so here we go. Prompt for @kybjosh (Warning: while this little mini series isn't smut and isn't even overly suggestive, there are some moments that are rather mature. So you probably shouldn't read this around children who can read over your shoulder. I speak from experience.)

.

.

.

"You know, we don't have to be enemies..."

Korra was a bit taken aback by the statement. That, and the way Kuvira was looking at her through those hooded eyelids.

"What do you mean...?" She asked.

When the Great Uniter had agreed to peace talk, Korra hadn't known quite what to expect. They'd both come unarmed to a small town just over the Earth Empire's Republic City border. Seated in one of Kuvira's airships, the women began their negotiations immediately.

Kuvira stood, walking slowly from her seat to Korra's, dragging her finger across the hardwood table as she went. When at last she reached the Avatar she circled around to the back of her chair. Her hands found the woman's shoulders as she leaned in with a smirk. Korra felt goosebumps form as two hands glided down her arms.

"Wha-" she began, but finding herself unable to get the words out, cleared her throat and tried again. "What are you doing?"

She heard a deep chuckle and felt Kuvira's breath on her ear. Her own lungs seem to have stopped working.

"We could be...partners," the woman suggested. Something about the way she said the word sent a shiver down Korra's spine. Finding this situation to be highly inappropriate, she stood abruptly and turned to face her adversary, who stood with a look of desire unmatched by any Korra had ever seen.

"Aren't you engaged?" Korra asked. Kuvira chuckled.

"Merely a front. The people will like me better if I'm in a relationship with the son of one of their precious role models." She was moving towards Korra again now. The Avatar felt the temperature in the room growing hotter as she took her final step backwards and collided with the cold metal wall. "Besides," Kuvira added, "He's not really my taste."

Korra wasn't used to this sort of situation, and already she felt herself panicking.

Still, she had to admit, Kuvira was a very attractive woman.

"So, what do you say? Nothing could stand in our way. We could rule an Empire together! Join me, Korra, for the good of the people."

"I..."

Kuvira was on her now. Her expression was that of a predator, and Korra was a cornered animal. Her prey.

As the Great Uniter's hands found her waist, Korra thought of Asami, of the Earth Empire, of everyone who was counting on her to take Kuvira down. But then she looked at the woman in front of her, leaning forward, and came to a decision.

Their lips met in a heated passion.

.

.

.

A/n well that was WAY out of my comfort zone...and I think I'm gonna write a part 2. Because I can. Warning though, if you want a Korvira happy ending, stop here. Because it's not staying that way.