Fatal Attraction Part 2 (Korvira)

"Korra, wake up."

Korra groaned. She didn't want to wake up. She'd been up late last night, doing...what had she been doing?

Kuvira leaned over her and placed a passionate kiss on her lips, fingers running roughly through her hair. Korra responded automatically, wrapping her arms around the other woman's waist. Which, she found, was every bit as bare as her own.

Oh yeah. Kuvira. That's what she'd been doing.

Or rather, who.

"I knew that would work," she smirked. Korra rolled her eyes as she sat up. The green carpet was soft against her feet.

"Big day today," her lover commented. As the morning fog cleared, a realization dawned on her. This was it. Today they captured Republic City. She shot Kuvira a grin as she wrapped her bindings around her breasts and pulled a shirt over her head.

"I hope they're ready for whats coming to them," she responded.

Two metal-clad arms snaked around her waist and her lover rested her chin on her shoulder. Korra relaxed into her arms.

"The question is, are we ready?"

Korra rolled her eyes. A ridiculous question, Kuvira had been preparing for this for months. No outside influence could stop her now.

She pulled away, breaking the other woman's grip.

"I should prepare," she said, leaving Kuvira standing alone.

In the command room, Korra gazed out the window onto her city, evacuated and completely void of its usual hustle and bustle. A feeling of dread crept over her. She didn't want to do it, but she had to. For the good of the people.

"Are we ready?" Kuvira called as she stepped onto the command floor. The soldiers gave a shout of confirmation.

"Advance!"

The Colossus advanced on the city like a child on an antpile, crushing anything that stood in its path. Korra cringed at every building knocked down, knowing that someone was losing a home, a job, maybe a school. She prayed that everyone had truly gotten out.

Kuvira caught her eye and gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's for the good of the people," she said. Korra nodded and rested her head on her shoulder. They wrapped their arms around each other, giving Korra the perfect opening to slide a blade between the plates of the other woman's armor.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, meeting her lover's shocked gaze, "it's for the good of the people."

Then she pulled the blade back up her sleeve and screamed as the Great Uniter hit the floor.

The Colossus stopped its advance. The Earth Empire ultimately surrendered. Without its leader, there was no backbone. Kuvira's shoes simply could not be filled.

Years later, Korra still saw her face.