Waiting (Korrasami)

Asami was paying absolutely no attention to the arrogant, self-centered prick in front of her. Why couldn't Prince 'future king' Wu just go HOME already? She was truly and honestly tired of hearing him run his mouth. He was such an egomaniac and he couldn't seem to take a hint! If she wanted to go out with him, she would have said yes around the first or fifth time he asked. That plus all of this constantly reminding her that he was to be king only served to build on her irritation.

Unwittingly, her hand traveled to her pocket, where a now-familiar letter lay. A smile grew without her realizing it.

"HA! I KNEW I'd make you smile one day!" Wu yelled, bringing Asami back to reality with a start. Great. Now she had to pretend she'd actually heard whatever he said.

"Yeah, I guess your sparkling personality is just contagious..." She answered with a tinge of sarcasm. Wu didn't seem to notice, as he went on babbling about how superhuman he was and such.

Once again, Asami's mind drifted to the letter. It was the last contact she'd had with the only person she really cared about in the way the prince was insinuating. Oh Spirits, she wished Korra were here. Perhaps then she could tell her exactly how she felt, preferably in front of Mr. "future king." Maybe then he could take a hint.

Mentally, she reviewed the contents of the note:

Dear Asami,

I'm sorry I haven't written to you sooner, but every time I tried...I never know what to say.

Even though I can get around fine now, I still can't go into the Avatar state. I keep having visions of Zaheer and what happened that day. Katara thinks a lot of this is in my head, so I've been meditating a lot, but sometimes I worry I'll never fully recover.

Please don't tell Mako and Bolin I wrote to you and not them. I don't want to hurt their feelings, but it's easier to tell you about this stuff. I don't think they'd understand.

I miss you so much,

Korra

She sighed. Korra will be back tonight, she reminded herself. Only a few more hours to wait.

In the meantime, she'd have to endure prince superhuman.

I can't wait for you to get here, Korra.