Frost - Chapter 10

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Within a few hours, we finally arrived at Orkrum. I could barely contain my excitement, though it was hard to tell why. Was it really because I was here, or was I just happy because I was bonding more with Volt? I decided it was both, though it was probably more likely the latter. Ribbon, Volt, Cinder, and me now all sat on the deck staring at the approaching land, though I was of course happy for different reasons than the others. When the boat landed, the four of us raced off, though I simply followed the others, since they knew the way, which I didn't. Soon, we all stood in front of a giant marble mansion, and I was awestruck.

"Wow, this place is amazing! What's it for?" I asked, still amazed.

"Well actually, this is our home. Like it?" Volt asked, chuckling a bit.

"Woah, woah, woah! There is no way you live here!" I cried, sure he was joking.

"Well, we, uh... do." Cinder confirmed with a laugh.

"Jeez, you weren't kidding when you said you had plenty of space!" I exclaimed, while Volt only laughed.

"Well, wanna pick a room?" He asked, making my ears perk up.

"What?! Really, I can?! Like, whichever one I want?" I cried, completely shocked.

"I mean, we have tons of rooms left, so it's not like we need you to take a certain one. Pick whichever you like, I'm fine with it!" Volt said, happily nodding.

"Hey, pick the one next to mine!" Ribbon whispered. "It'll be tons of fun to have another girl around here, these two are knuckleheads." She laughed, and so did I. I then slowly walked inside and looked around, amazed at my new temporary home. I decided I would stay next to Ribbon, since it did sound pretty fun to have a different girl than usual to talk to. So, I picked the second room on the right wing, since she was in the first. When I walked back outside, I announced my decision.

"Yay, this'll be so much fun!" Ribbon cried, hugging me. "We're gonna be the bestest of friends!"

I smiled, but tried to separate us a bit. "Yeah, this'll be great!" I responded joyfully.

"Hey, I'll show you around this place! C'mon, let's go!" She called, suddenly grabbing my paw and running off.

"Wait, Ribbon, you don't even know this place that well!" Cinder called, making all of us laugh.

"Ugh, look, I just wanna have some girls bonding time! Is that so bad?" Ribbon groaned, clearly just wanting to get away for a bit.

"Okay, fine, just come to us if you want a real tour, Frost!" He teased, making Ribbon groan again. We left after that, and Ribbon led me to a small town in the middle of the island, only a few minutes walk away from the mansion.

"So, this is really the only town here, though it doesn't really have a name. I think most people just refer to it as 'the town', since there's really no other place they could be referring to. It's really nice here, though, and I haven't even seen everything here myself, so wanna check this place out together?" Ribbon offered, to which I glady accepted.

"I've heard some about this place, but never actually seen it. Battles are really popular here, aren't they?" I asked, wanting to really get to know the place.

Ribbon nodded, while she kept staring at the passing buildings as we walked. "Yeah, they have some kind of really famous tournament here every year. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's why we live in that big mansion."