Frost - Chapter 68

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I yawned as I stretched and woke up, turning as I felt something beside me. I quickly turned around to see Volt behind me, peacefully asleep. I didn't think much of it at first, but then I realized. W-we're sleeping next to e-each other?! Wh-what happened last night?! The memories flooded back into my mind, though, making me realize exactly what was going on. I softly smiled as I relaxed again, the confusion going away.

"Jolty..." I murmured, hugging him as I closed my eyes again. His fur was so comfortable to lay on that it felt like a pillow, making me tired again just be laying my head on it. I let out a soft sigh of contentment as I realized just how happy I was right now, knowing that finally, finally, we were together! I had to wait for so long, but it felt like this trip had been everyone's reward. I had never expected this much to go right, but I was so glad that it had.

"...Frost?" He sleepily muttered, looking over his shoulder to see me. "Good morning..."

"Good morning!" I chirped, hugging him tighter. "How'd you sleep?"

"...Good, but uh, why're we in bed together..?" He asked, slowly sitting up. I giggled a bit, shaking my head.

"You fell asleep like as soon as we got home, and since there were only 3 bedrooms and Cinder refused to sleep with his brother, you were stuck with me~" I joked, making him chuckle a bit.

"Well, uh... I'm glad it's not as weird as it would've been if we weren't, y'know..." I giggled as he stuttered, clearly still not used to it. I hugged him again, making him smile too.

"Y'know, I was never able to say this before, but... I love you so much, Jolty. Thank you for being here for me, I wouldn't do it with anyone else." I murmured, resting my head against him as I sighed in relief. "You're the sweetest boy I've ever met..."

"...I really don't deserve any of this, but thank you. I'm going to keep working to make up everything I did to you, though, and nothing you can say will stop me. I owe you, and I will pay that back." He said, nuzzling my head in return.

"Okay, if you say so..." I closed my eyes and surrounded myself in his warmth, though I normally didn't like this heat, this was just so... comforting. "Thank you, Jolty..."

"Anything for you." He replied, closing his eyes as we both enjoyed each other in silence. Even though it was such a simple thing, it made me feel so unbelievably happy. I had waited so long to share a moment like this with him, and how I was finally able to.

This was absolutely worth the wait... I thought, closing my eyes as well. I was so comfortable next to him, he made me feel safe no matter what. Even through all the chaos, I was still safe. He seemed to feel the same way, as neither of us wanted to move at all. We eventually heard a knock at the door, making me jump up out of instinct.

"Uhh... what did I just walk into?" Ribbon asked, awkwardly looking at us. "I knew I couldn't trust you two together."

"Wh-wha-?! W-we were just hugging!" I cried, violently shaking my head.

She giggled, shaking hers as well. "If you say so... Anyways, uh... shouldn't we head back home soon? I think Cinder wants to start training more."

"I guess we could..." I sighed, walking towards here. "What do you think, Volt?"

He quickly shook his head, looking down. "I don't want to. I want to stay here and catch up, actually get to know my mom again... Can't I do that?"