Cinder - Chapter 6

I DO NOT own Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the creature in front of Volt and I. It wasn't Moon anymore, but a savage beast. His eyes glowed in bloodlust, and it was clear he had lost control. "Volt, we should run." I whispered.

"What? Why?" He whispered back.

"Moon has lost control. He'll be a cold-blooded killer now, and I don't want to die today. I assume you don't want to, either."

"Fine, let's go." The second Volt finished whispering, he dashed off, and I followed. When I turned, though, Moon was gone. I turned to see him tackling Volt.

"How did he get there so fast?!" I whispered, running to help. "Volt, com'n! Let's go!" I called, pushing Moon off of him. He jumped back up and took off again.

Moon then turned and tackled me, and another portal like the one before opened in front of me. "You're coming with me now." Moon said, before dashing towards it. I felt myself get knocked from his grip, then he went through the portal.

"Yeah, nice one, Volt!" I cheered. I looked around, though, and then I hit me. Volt went into the portal instead of me. At the thought of that, I instantly fell over and started crying. "What kind of friend am I..?" I sighed.

"We can save him." Ribbon said.

"H-huh?"

"We'll save him. Come on, let's go. The longer we wait, the worse it'll get for him." She said. "You said that Necrozma would face you when you called, right? Well then, call. As soon as we find Volt, let's run."

"Sure, let's do that." I said, impressed by her plan.

"Oh, and by the way, did you ever notice that one of Volt's ears is kinda weird?"

"Huh? What'd you mean?"

"I think one of them is, like, nearly white instead of yellow. How did you never notice?" She asked with a giggle.

"I dunno, I didn't ever look for differences."

"Okay, whatever. Let's just figure out how to do this. So, um... Necrozma, open a portal!" She called.

"Yeah, do it!" I yelled.

"Um... Necrozma, we challenge you! Yeah, that!" She called. As she did, a portal opened. "Yay, it worked!" She cheered.

As she celebrated, I couldn't help but think she was cute. I shook the thought from my head and focused on the task at paw. "Nice one!" I said, "Now, let's do this!" I jumped into the portal.

I felt myself floating in the air for a bit, then I hit the hard, rock ground. "Ow..." I sighed. I saw Ribbon falling, and I ran to catch her. She landed in my paws, and she started blushing badly.

"T-thanks." She said.

"No problem. Now, where should we go?"

"Maybe there." She said, pointing to a pitch black creature not far from us.

"O-oh, maybe." I said with a laugh.

"So, you've come with a complicated plan to save your friend? Ah, original." Came the same thunderous voice from before.

"Oh no, here we go again. Ribbon stay behind me." I said.

"O-okay, I will." She said.

"Cinder, HELP!" I heard Volt's voice call. I dashed towards the sound, completely ignoring Necrozma. I saw Volt being held down by some of the creatures Moon had called Blacephalon, and I saw hundreds of them surrounding him. Beside him I saw two Pokemon I didn't know, a Glaceon and an Espeon.

The second Volt saw me he struggled and broke free of the Blacephalon, but to no avail, as they quickly pinned him again. "Protect yourselves!" I heard him yell as he summoned a giant thunderbolt to crash down on him. He broke free and grabbed the Glaceon and Espeon then ran towards me as I carved a path through the Blacephalon with flame charge. When he got close, I realized the two eeveelutions on his back were unconscious. I took the Espeon and ran with him.

We dashed through the terrain while I talked to Volt. "They're letting us get away. This makes no sense."

"Don't argue with it. Let's just get out of here." He responded. I looked in front of us and saw a portal, which we jumped in. We fell out right back where we had opened the first portal, but without the Glaceon or Espeon.

"Where'd they go?!" I asked.

"Maybe back to where they entered. I don't know where else they could've gone." Volt responded.

"Yeah, let's hope." Ribbon added.

I sighed. "That was too easy..."

"I know, everything about that made no sense. Let's just not focus on it." Volt sighed. "Thing is, I... can feel where they are. At least, where that Glaceon is."

"W-what?!" Ribbon and I both asked.

"Yeah, I don't get it either, but I can just feel it. I know exactly where they are, at least that is if they came in together."

"Why don't we try and find them?" I asked.

"They're on another island, though, but I do think we need to find them. Quickly."

"Why is that?" Ribbon asked.

"Because, we don't know why Necrozma let us go so easily. It could be a trap."

"It'll take us a while to get to a different island, though." I said.

"Well, let's go. Now." Volt said.

"Sounds good." I responded.

"But I wanna sleep!" Ribbon said, "Hehe, just kidding! Let's go! Oh, and Cinder, I would love to stay with you two."

"Okay, I'm glad!" I said.

"Anyways, I think they're somewhere around Malkar Island. That's not too far, right?"

"Malkar? That's like an hour away, tops. We can totally make that!" I said.

"Well then, let's go, fast!" Volt said, dashing off to the port. Ribbon and I followed behind. We paid and boarded a boat, then waited for us to arrive. After waiting for a while in the inside of the boat, Volt said he wanted to go on the deck. I said he could if he wanted to, but I wanted to stay with Ribbon, who really want tired, since she was sleeping next to me. He nodded and stepped out, leaving me to think.

What was Necrozma's master plan? It seemed awful confident, so something had to be up, or thing wouldn't be going so smoothly for us. I looked at Ribbon beside me. "I don't know what's going on, but I'll protect you." I whispered.